🌸Awkward Uchiha Family Reunion🌸

[modern AU, funny]

***Warning. Explicit implications and language-ish... Just... Out-of-the-ordinary not your usual OneShot. This isn't a lemon, per se, but... Just proceed with caution.***

"Are you sure about this? Even I'm feeling a little tense."

"Don't worry, I swear they'll love you."

"I wouldn't be too sure..."

"Even if they don't, I'll make it up to you tonight."

"Shut up..."

Sasuke and Sakura Uchiha made their way up the steps to the hotel where their New Year party was planned. The night before played back through her mind as her stomach churned at the suspense.

"Mom, Dad, Sasuke and I are staying home for the holidays."

"What?" Kizashi looked at her and her husband and laughed, "are you sure?! You've spent every holiday here with us! Don't you want to go visit Sasuke's family?"

"Ah..." Sasuke cleared his throat, "trust me, Sir... If you care about Sakura's innocence, you'll keep her away from anyone with the Uchiha name..."

Mebuki crossed her arms and chuckled, "if that were the case, it wouldn't matter since she's married to someone with that very name."

Sasuke groaned and rolled his eyes, "trust me..."

"Besides..." Sakura smiled sheepishly, "we just love you guys so much and don't want you to be lonely for the holidays!"

"Sakura." Kizashi stood up from the dining table and set his hands on her shoulders, "don't worry about us. You two need to go spend time with the Uchiha side of the family."

"Ah..." Sasuke looked at Sakura, "I don't know..."

"How did I agree to come, again?"

"I don't know." Sasuke chuckled weakly as he led Sakura through the large hotel lobby.

"This place looks expensive." Sakura looked around then down at her long, red, floor-length dress, "not to mention I'm dressed for the red carpet..."

"You look flawless, by the way." Sasuke smiled as he set his hand on the small of her back.

"You're just trying to get me to not weasel my way out of this." She rolled her eyes, "can your family afford a lavish party like this?"

"Of course. After all, the Uchiha family is a well-known hospital supply manufacturer and manager..."

"Yeah, and the Haruno family is a well-known Wal-Mart manager. No need to go rubbing your family name in my face."

Sasuke laughed, "you do realize my family name is now your family name, right? Oh... We're here."

They stepped into the room that was exclusively reserved for their family for the New Year.

Sakura quickly compared this particular New Year's party to a usual one held at her parents' house. When she and Sasuke celebrated with her parents, they only invited friends over, more specifically Naruto, Ino, Sai, Shikamaru, only to list a few, watched the ball drop, and spent the rest of the night just the two of them. This New Year party was exactly how Sasuke had described it.

"Hey, Darling, do you want to spend Christmas with your family this year?"

"Ah..." Sasuke looked at her, "are you sure about that?"