🌸S-Rank Mission - Operation Valentine's🌸

[fluff]

"I'm going to get Sakura a Valentine's Day gift."

"Hn. Whatever."

"What do you think she likes?"

"I don't know. Isn't that something for you to decide? My opinion wouldn't matter here."

"Of course it would! You're my best friend!"

Sasuke looked at Naruto and sighed, "you've been so infatuated by Sakura... I'm sure she knows by now."

"I-It can't be." Naruto denied.

"Come on. You're sixteen... Grow up. Life can't always be a fairytale." Sasuke looked at the ground, "unfortunately."

"Hello, my comrades!"

They looked up as the blue beast of the Hidden Leaf Village approached them.

Naruto grinned evilly, "Rock Lee... What are you doing for Valentine's Day?"

"Oh, me? I'm getting something for Sakura!"

Sasuke shut his eyes, "what is it with you guys and Sakura?"

"She's only one of the most beautiful girls on the planet."

Lee looked at Naruto and pointed his finger at his chest, "I'm sure I love her more. She's the most beautiful girl in the universe!"

"She's the most beautiful girl ever!"

"I can't believe I'm hearing this..." Sasuke sighed and walked away from the bickering couple. Valentine's Day. Such a useless day... It's the day celebrating all those couples in the world and that word: 'love'. Who has the time for that?

"Sasuke!"

Her voice snapped him out of his daze, "oh, hey Sakura... We were just talking about you."

"What? You were talking about me?"

"Well..." Sasuke glanced back at Naruto and Lee. I should leave that as a surprise for her...

"Oh! Hi Lee! Naruto!"

"Sakura!" Lee gasped and bowed in respect, "it's great to see you today!"

"You too!" She ran past Sasuke and up to the two googly-eyed boys, "so what are you guys doing for Valentine's Day?"

"O-oh, making chocolate..." Naruto grinned, "maybe for a number of people, not one person in particular."

"Yeah, uh." Sakura lowered her voice, "Hinata's waiting for a gift."

Hm, that's right. Sasuke snickered.

"Yeah, I'll make chocolate for her, too, of course." Naruto nodded, "but I can assure you my homemade chocolate is the best in the Village."

"You are wrong!" Lee clenched his fists, "I will make the best chocolate in the entire shinobi nation!"

"I know!" Naruto beamed at Sakura, "maybe you should try the chocolate we make and tell us which one is better!"

"Sure." Sakura laughed, "this sounds interesting. Though I'm not really expecting any Valentines from anyone."

"Well, don't worry, Sakura!" Naruto saluted, "we'll be sure to make this Valentine's Day the best you'll ever have!"

That sentence struck a nerve in the back of Sasuke's head. He watched as Lee and Naruto left to buy ingredients to make their heart-winning chocolate. Then he watched Sakura walk off in the opposite direction. He restrained himself from following her, so instead, he turned around and headed home.