🌸Remember🌸

[Naruto AU, minor angst, fluff]

"Sai! Take the left! I'll take the right!"

"Got it, Naruto."

Sakura watched as her two teammates ran toward the enemy in their assigned direction. She clenched her fists and shut her eyes.

"You're still weak. You have a long ways to go to ever measure up to Naruto or me."

That's what he said... Wasn't it? She gritted her teeth. That was three years ago, but... He's right.

"Sakura?!"

"Sakura! Stay back!!"

No. Not this time.

She ran straight towards the enemy without another thought except that she had to keep getting stronger. Despite all the things she's done, she knew that she had a long ways to go.

"Shanaroo!!" Her fist came down into the ground just by the enemy. He fell between the cracks and was caught in her trap.

"Heh." Naruto chuckled, "this guy is way too weak. But... Be careful, Sakura. His Genjutsu is--"

"What?" Sakura stood staring at the man who, in turn, stared at Sakura with what looked like a death look. After a few seconds Sakura collapsed on the ground beside the enemy just as Naruto ran to her side.

"Sakura!!"

_________________

"She's not in any critical condition, but... Every C or B-Rank missions assigned to Team 7 turns into an S-Rank mission, doesn't it?" Kakashi shook his head, "you guys are just so lucky, aren't you?"

"Kakashi-Sensei!!" Naruto gritted his teeth and gestured to the unconscious girl laying in the hospital bed not too far from them, "this is not the time to be making up jokes."

"This man you guys brought into custody... You three didn't bother to read too thoroughly into his file, did you?"

"Huh?"

"It would've been a C-Rank mission if you would've taken that certain aspect under consideration." Kakashi rose a brow, "he's most popular for his mind jutsu. I know it wasn't Genjutsu by the way Sakura reacted to it. If you remember, Sakura is the most experienced out of all of you in Genjutsu. This mind technique is something close to Ino's."

"Should we bring her in, then?" Naruto looked at Sakura, "I mean... I'm willing to do anything to save her."

"I know you are." Kakashi sighed, "listen. Why don't you go get Ino on this, okay--"

"Who's Ino?"

Kakashi and Naruto nearly jumped out of their skin at the sudden question.

"S-Sakura!! You scared the crap out of me, jeez." Naruto chuckled and ran to her side, "you feeling any better?"

She only sat silently, staring blankly at the boy.

"Ah, listen. You'll feel better in no time, Sakura. I'm just gonna get Ino and we'll--"

"Who's Ino?"

Naruto blinked and chuckled weakly and slowly paled, "your friend?"

"Who...." Sakura looked around then stared at the two men before her, "who are you?"

______________________

"This can't be..." Ino sat by Sakura's side and looked at her carefully, "so... What's your name?"