🌸Reversed🌸

[fluff]

Sasuke looked around in horror, "Naruto?! Sakura?! Where'd you guys..."

He never thought he'd find himself in this situation.

He was lost.

Damn it... He looked around and continued running in a mindless direction that felt right to him. How did I... Wait... Oh. I remember now.

When Sasuke woke, his abdomen stung badly with a deep gash that bled out. When he was unconscious, he heard voices of unfamiliar men and the clashing of kunai not too far from him. What he doesn't remember is exactly what had happened or what had separated him from his team.

"Naruto!" Sasuke yelled, but there was no response, "where did... Tch..." He clenched his stomach as the gash opened even more.

"Sasuke? Is that you?! Oh, thank goodness..."

Sasuke knew the voice and a wave of relief swept over him, "Sakura..."

"Hey, are you okay?" She ran up to and knelt by him, "oh no, your arm..."

"I-I'm fine..."

Sakura stared at him for a few long seconds before she finally sighed, "Sasuke, you're not fine. Let me see it." She lifted the soaked hem of his dark blue shirt and looked at the gash in his abdomen, "let me treat this, Sasuke. If no one does anything, you're going to bleed out and die. Please..."

"Sakura! I can manage on my own!" He moved to get up but froze at the sting of the wound, "ngh..."

Sakura didn't say a word as she crossed her arms and looked at him, waiting for the signal.

He set one foot in place, leaned on his knee, and forced himself to stand up. The pain was piercing him even worse than before, but he didn't let it stop him. He wasn't sure what was driving him to act like this or why he didn't just give in... Is it...?

"Sasuke, let me help you.."

"I'm okay!" Sasuke clutched his bloody side and panted.

"You think you look so tough! But you know what? It's not working! You won't look so tough when you collapse and die from all this blood you've lost! Now shut your mouth and let me heal you already!"

Sasuke pursed his lips and went silent. He didn't want to admit defeat, especially not in front of her, but there was nothing holding him back any longer. He finally let himself fall back down onto the dirt and let out a long exhale, "fine. Please... Help me."

Sakura smiled and knelt down by him, "you're going to have to lay down so I can properly treat the wound."

He obeyed as she lifted his shirt and started cleaning away the blood.

"You know, Sasuke, it's okay to look tough, but you need to know when to rely on others."

The two were left in silence as Sakura set her hands over the wound and started healing him as her palms started glowing green.

"It's kind of cute... The roles are reversed." Sakura chuckled lightly, "you and Naruto are always helping and saving me. You know, I've always been looking for ways to pay you two back for everything you've done..."

Sasuke looked at her and shut his eyes, "there's no need for you to do that. It's our job to protect you."

"Yes, but... I should know how to protect myself, so it shouldn't have to be your job."

"Sakura, don't think of it like that. It's not an obligation assigned to me by Kakashi. I chose this mission, this life. I want to protect you because... I don't know where I'd be without you."

She was taken back by the sudden confession as she stared at him in shock, "I-I'm sorry, I don't think I heard you right..."

"Do I have to say it again?"

"N-no..."

"Anyways, thank you... You're right. I never thought I'd ever find myself in this situation... And if you hadn't been there, I'd be dead."

Sakura sighed and smiled, "you're welcome. I'm just glad you're opening up to us more..."

"'Us'?"

"Ah, Naruto and I."

"You're the only one here."

"I mean, the royal 'us', you know, your teammates."

"But I'm talking about you."

Sakura looked away, "shanaroo Sasuke, you can't be saying embarrassing things like that out of nowhere..."

"It's not embarrassing, is it?"

"It is to me!"

"Hn. You're still annoying, you know that?"

_________________________

This seems oddly familiar. Sakura laughed to herself.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing, Darling."

"Whatever."

It was, what, seven to eight years ago? I found Sasuke injured badly in the forest on a mission and I had to convince him to let me help him.

"Sakura, I can tell you're thinking about something."

She looked down at him as she healed a deep gash in his abdomen, "I was just thinking about how careless you were in fighting off those men. I understand you're missing an arm, but that should only push you to fight harder to protect yourself."

"How can I protect myself when I have to protect you?"

"... Sasuke!!"

"What?"

"Stop saying embarrassing things like that!"

"I don't think it's embarrassing."

"I do!"

"Whatever."

Sakura looked down at him, snickered, then broke out into laughter as Sasuke blushed.

"Wh-what's so funny?!"

"Don't you remember this? Seven years ago?"

Sasuke shut his eyes and smirked, "I didn't think you'd remember."

"Of course I did." Sakura smiled, "when our roles were reversed and I helped you?"

"At that moment, Sakura, you became one of the only people I could ever trust with my life, so... I never brought myself to tell you that until now."

"Thank you, Sasuke. I'm glad you feel that way." She leaned down and kissed him on the forehead, "when we get back to the village from our journey, I want you to go straight to the hospital, okay?"

"Why waste our money and time in the hospital when I've got you?"

"Because, if you let me heal you from home, we both know we're going to waste our time and energy doing something else."

"That's not what I was thinking of, you dirty girl."

"Wh-what?!" Sakura burned red, "n-no I wasn't thinking of that either!" 

"I'm just joking." Sasuke shut his eyes, sighed, then smirked, "hn. You're still annoying, you know that?"

Sakura smiled, leaned down, and gave him a peck on the lips, "I know." 

~~~

Written by xX_Fang_Xx