🌸Swimming Freestyle - Rivals Part 2🌸

[swimming AU, funny]

"What the heck is he doing?"

"Hm? Sasuke?"

Naruto and Sakura peered at Sasuke, "you're right, this is really confusing... Is this a dream?"

"Sasuke never swims freestyle..." Sakura crossed her arms, "something really crazy is going on here..."

"Oh, Sasuke?" Kakashi walked up to the two.

"Yeah. He's been swimming freestyle since Tanaki joined a few days ago." Sakura tapped her toes impatiently.

Naruto glared at her, "what'd you do to him?"

"Nothing! He hasn't been telling me anything lately. In fact, he's just been living like a regular human being lately."

"So..." Kakashi rose a brow, "there's nothing to worry about?"

"No. Sasuke never acts like a regular human being... He's always asking for..." Sakura looked away, "never mind. Let's just say he hasn't been himself but is doing an excellent job at hiding that there's even something wrong."

"Wow, he's got great form." Tanaki joined them as he tossed his swim towel onto the chair next to him, "does he normally swim free? I thought that was yours, Sakura."

"It is. His specialty is fly, so we don't really know what's up."

They waited until Sasuke finally climbed out of the pool. He went to pass the group until Naruto grabbed his arm firmly.

"What?"

"What's going on, Sasuke?"

He didn't reply. He only scanned each person briefly, shut his eyes, and exhaled sharply, "it has nothing to do with you."

"Well, you're damn wrong it has nothing to do with us. We're your teammates." Naruto lowered his eyes at him, "whatever's going on with you affects us all."

"What goes on with me only applies to me." Sasuke glanced at Sakura, "so stop worrying about me."

He yanked his arm from Naruto's grasp and headed to the locker room.

"Is he..." Tanaki blinked a few times, "is he normally like this?"

"No..." Sakura sighed, "he's just being stubborn... He can get like that sometimes, I guess."

"You guess?" Tanaki chuckled softly, "I mean, shouldn't you know? He is your teammate, isn't he?"

"Yeah, but... I don't bug him about these things. Sometimes it's just for the best."

"Maybe it's a phase." Naruto chuckled, "I had a number of those when I was younger."

Sakura pursed her lips.

"Hey, uh..." Tanaki smiled, "it's not really healthy to be worrying so much like this. Why don't we all go out to eat later today? Maybe it could help us to get to know each other better? You know, before the tournaments and all."

"Good idea!" Naruto grinned, "maybe Sasuke will come with us?"

"Maybe..." Sakura rubbed her elbow doubtfully, "maybe..."

_________________________

"No."

"Come on..."

"No thanks."

"Come on, Sasuke." Sakura crossed her arms, "what's been going on with you lately?!"

"I told you. It's nothing." Sasuke rummaged through his clothes drawer and stuffed some clothes into a duffel bag, "I said not to worry about me. That goes for you, too."

"Sasuke, what are you doing?"