🌸My Queen - Part 5🌸

[royal AU, bittersweet, fluff]

"You're doing well, son. I hope you're enjoying your time with her highness?"

"Yeah."

"Keep at it and you'll surpass your brother as the rising king. You'll represent our clan name and bring us back into power."

"Wait, hold on. That was it? That was your plan?"

"Of course. This wasn't all just for pleasure, you know. Life isn't made to enjoy if you don't have power. You should know that, Son."

"... I don't care about power."

"I thought that's what you were hungry forever since we were sent out of the kingdom."

"Yeah, that was me before, but now... Things change, Dad."

"Well, it's too late to go back now. If you want to marry her, then you hereby accept the role as long as well. It's a win-win, really."

Sasuke pursed his lips and clenched his fists, "why?!"

"Don't you want to be king?"

"No, Dad, you want to be king! I don't want to have anything to do with it!"

"Sasuke." Fugaku approached his son and set his hands on his shoulders, "I know you want to marry Sakura. But if you want that to happen, then you need to allow the Uchiha arise to power once again. Don't you want to see the Uchiha overthrow the kingdom? Like you always wanted?"

Sasuke set his jaw, "I love Sakura. I love her more than anything else in this world. But I don't want the Uchiha to overthrow the kingdom."

"She has two weeks left..." Fugaku started walking away, "by the end of those two weeks, she'll have married another man and you'll watch her be with that man all because you refused to become king. Think about that for a second."

______________

"Sakura, Parliament needs a decision by the end of this week! Two weeks have passed and you've completely blown off every suitable man!" Minato hastily followed Sakura as she took long, quick strides through the hallway, "Sakura, are you even listening?!"

"I can hear you talking." Sakura muttered almost unconsciously, "where could he be?! I couldn't have made him hate me, could I?"

"Made who?!"

"N-no one..."

"Oh... It's a 'he'?" Minato rose a brow, "Sakura, did you find someone?"

"M-maybe.... That's the problem. I have mixed feelings about this guy." Sakura chewed on her thumbnail and muttered to herself, "I need to find him... I haven't seen him in a whole week."

"Who is this? You should know his name."

"I know his first name, but..." Sakura looked at him, "it's no one."

"This is a problem. You know, the family name is pretty important. Shouldn't you know the name you'll be taking once you two marry?"

"That's only part of the problem!" She pursed her lips, "I don't know if I want to marry him!"

"How could you not know?!" Minato sighed, "listen, I need to go run some errands. Naruto's at home if you want to find someone to argue with. I just want to remind you to get going and start making your mind up."

I know that... Sakura watched him walk off as she quickly dashed out of the palace and made her way to Naruto's house, not too far from where she lives. Would Naruto know who Sasuke is?