🌸Bittersweet Tragedy🌸

[bittersweet]

Sakura Haruno was the biggest new star, but she didn't earn her fame on her own. Her fame came from her husband, Sasuke Uchiha. The marriage was one sided of course, Sasuke was head over heels for his wife, but Sakura had it all planned out since they were still seniors in high school.

Back then, Sasuke's career as an actor had just begun, and everyone knew he'd make it big one day. Sakura took it upon herself to become the love of his life, and that she did with three years of hard work. If you searched up determination in the dictionary, a picture of Sakura would be there. The pinkette had followed him all the way to university where she majored in the arts as did he, all so that she could get to where she was today.

You'd think it was shallow, but to Sakura it was just the key to success. Having Sasuke and half of Hollywood in the palms of her hands was definitely an accomplishment that would go down in history, and her acting was amazing when you looked at all that times she pretended to be captivated by the Uchiha heir.

After three years of marriage, Sakura had settled in to her lavish lifestyle and was sure with the money she and Sasuke had, they could retire now and they'd be financially fine for the rest of their lives. However, all good things come to an end. Sasuke, while making his way to a photo shoot for vogue magazine, was involved in an accident. Although surviving the initial crash, he later died in the hospital with his "loving" wife by his side.

Now, standing in front of his grave, Sakura felt tears trickle down her face. But why?

She didn't love him.

Yet her feet kept her rooted to the ground, the grave stone kept her gaze locked onto it.

She never loved him.

Yet she didn't even attempt to wipe away the mascara running down her face which would surely be on every magazine and talk show by tomorrow.

She only married him for the fame.

She could picture the headlines now: Mrs. Uchiha brings us to tears at husband's funeral

She didn't love him... right?

Perhaps she wasn't acting when she said "I do" on their wedding day with a bright blush dusting her cheeks.

Love is not the key to success, Sakura
It's the key to failure

Maybe all the times she caught herself staring at him while she drifted to sleep, wrapped in his arms, wasn't her just "spacing out".

Loving him will ruin you!

Is that why was her heart was hurting so badly? Why couldn't her tears stop flowing? Was she sad because she lost her key to success, or the love of her life?

He loved you, and you played him in return, all the way to his last breath.

Her thoughts were getting to her now, guilt began to invade her mind. What was the voice inside her head doing? Telling her love was bad but then making her regret not loving in the first place? Was it her mind or her guilt talking to her?

The constant battle with her thoughts continued long after she left the graveyard, long after Sasuke's death was buried under other stories that the tabloids found more interesting. Sakura would live the rest of her life luxuriously, yet every now and then guilt would come by to pay a quick visit. Was it guilt for playing him or guilt for pretending not to love him? She'd never know, and neither would we.
_________
By konohaguild