Chapter One

{Imaginative Pic of Sharlene Cunning-ham-P.S the above picture is a chinese actress, but my character is British with black hair and green eyes. Hehe. No matter.}

Author Note:
Hey all! Welcome to a new story of mine! @All Rights Reserved. Do not plagiarize or steal my work. It took time and patience to write it. This story will have moderate updates like the rest of my stories, which you are free too read.

Everything in this book is fictional and coincidental that includes character names and events.

Please enjoy and comment or vote, whichever does not matter :)
P.S Just make sure if you are commenting on my work do not criticize me or my work.

KimAmai
-----
"It is a wonderful day here in Colorado. And it is even more interesting because the mayor is about to announce that the new hospital is opening today."

A red-head reporter enthusiastically reported. Her eyes gleaming with glee.

"As you can see, standing behind me are people anxiously waiting to tour this beautiful and high tech hospital that the mayor had promised for three years. And here comes the mayor!"

She expressed further, and the camera switched towards the huddle of people standing behind her. The cameraman zoomed in to capture the mayor and his associates walking towards a high platform.

It was a few feet away from the front yard of the hospital. In the center of the platform, a podium stood, and the mayor walked towards it. A vibrant smile split his face in half. With large scissors in his hand that his secretary had given him, he acknowledged the people standing beyond the platform. Gently tapping on the mikes attached to the surface of the podium, he spoke with excitement in his voice.

"It is such an honor to bring this amazing structure to a developing place like Colorado."

Clapping sounds; the people were delighted with the achievement. Patient, he allowed the applauding, for he too was excited. The paparazzi took numerous pictures. Employees from different publishing and journalist companies were eagerly recording the event in their notebooks to ask questions after the session. Soon, the clapping died down, and he continued.

"Certainly, we folks will not have to worry about leaving the state to travel to another hospital, but have our very own. Today marks the greatest achievement yet. I, Bradon Doccharles, Mayor of Colorado, present Peace and Hope Hospital, the newest and technologized hospital of 2020, to you folks of Colorado."

A great uproar erupted amongst the spectators as Mayor Doccharles left the podium and walked over to cut the red ribbon standing on opposite poles near it.

Zooming out, the cameraman returned the camera to the smiling redhead. With a pearly white smile, she continued.

"It is a privilege to have this...'

However, the spectator watching the news on a television from a specific room switched it off. Placing the remote on a glass table, he smiled from ear-to-ear. Turning in his swiveling chair to face a tall and regal young man standing beyond his desk, the man was polite and enthusiastic.

"Well, that was a fine achievement, Mr. Ross. Your cooperation in building and handling this project was helpful. Thank you."

With a small smile, the young man was appreciative.

"You are most welcome. And thank you as well, Mr. Doccharles, for giving me ownership of 5 percent shares of its expenses."

Standing from his seat, Doccharles fixed his suit jacket by fastening the third button.

"It was nothing difficult. You told me you only wanted to help with expenses and construction. However, I think you deserve to be a part of this lovely accomplishment. I would also like to invite you and your family to a congratulation party today. I apologize. It was last minute."

The young man removed his hand from his pocket to examine the time on his Rolex watch. It read four minutes a quarter to four in the afternoon. He had two hours to spare before an important meeting regarding his company in the evening at 7.

Quickly adding when he had observed his action, Doccharles' smile broadened.

"I know that you are a very busy man, but if you would only stay for the toast, my wife and I would be honored."

A small smile tugged on the edge of the young man's lip. It was a rare occurrence, but Doccharles knew it was acceptable to his offer. He breathed the breath he was unconsciously holding.

"Of course, I will accept your invitation, Mr. Doccharles."

"Thank you, Mr. Ross. If you will?"

Grabbing his thick coat from the back of his leather chair, Doccharles showed the young man out of the room and down a beautiful hallway decorated with tapestries, figurines, and paintings.

"My wife is delighted to meet you, Mr. Ross."

Engaging in small talk, for he knew the young man did not appreciate the attention, Doccharles' smile remained on his lips.

"I see."

A subtle reply, the young man murmured, but no more as they both continued through another set of hallways, then a large lobby, where women's eyes glued to the young man's back. Their gazes were shining with approval. The young man was not only tall but muscularly lean-an exceptionally handsome brood. Appreciative of his reply, Doccharles continued.

"She loves your latest piece of jewelry--Forever Shinning, that is."

The young man walking side by side with him was an exceptional businessman. From banks, jewelry stores, supermarkets, restaurants, hotels, and important institutions, this young man was behind it all. He had his name based in the world. The people called him 'explorer' in the business world because he involved himself in anything that would make a difference.

Intelligent, courageous, confident, and honest, this young man was adventurous as well as victorious.

At the young age of twenty-nine, he was the third richest man in the world.

"It is a lovely piece."

Humming, the young man replied, but no more. There was something that Doccharles had observed from him. Although he was everything the reports said him to be, the young man was withdrawn and unpleasant company.

It was not because he was rude or arrogant, but because he rarely talked apart from business. However, when he did, he sounded warm and encouraging. But after three years of working together with him, Doccharles could count the number of times he conversed with him on his fingers and toes.

The moment they exited the building, Doccharles was at a loss. Even when they both entered the awaiting vehicle, he was clueless about the topics he wanted to engage with the young man.

Catching glimpses of him from the corner of his eyes, he sighed. He thought they would be close associates. But the silence between them made it apparent; they were barely acquaintances.

"Where are we going?"

After fifteen minutes of silence in the vehicle, the young man had finally spoken. Doccharles had slightly jumped in his seat from the rarity. It was a perk; he realized the young man had. Because he rarely conversed, people would forget his presence, and when he did, he would frighten the living daylights out of them.

"Ah, yes, I forgot to mention that earlier."

With an embarrassed chuckle, Doccharles scratched his recently shaved beard.

"We are heading to a newly opened five-star Italian restaurant. We have eighteen minutes to spare before we get there."

There was no reply, so Doccharles resumed his activity of watching the Instagram pictures that his twenty-three-year-old daughter had sent to him, and who had returned home a few days ago.

He presumed the young man had nodded at his confirmation because he was typing furiously on his phone.