Chapter One Hundred and Thirty

Everywhere Sharlene looked, there was a wide variety of jewelry, and she could not look away even if she wanted because they were blinding.

Her fingers unconsciously touched her lips as she silently marveled at the expensive jewelry. It was a jewelry paradise.

The jewelry was all beautiful and organized to impress.

As someone, who rarely accompanied Madame Sinclair on these expeditions, she was inspired by the showcase.

Nick, who had witnessed her smile and appreciation for the properly made jewelry, smiled.

The hallway leading to the sunroom was not without the touch of decorations.

On the walls were pictures of the staff, their achievements, and photographs of the famous jewelry pieces they constructed.

There was also a cupboard made of glass with distinctive jewelry set in it.

A necklace, four bracelets, one earring, and two rings made up the collection, and they all looked custom-made.

However, it was the beautiful ruby necklace on the neck of the mannequin that had captured Sharlene's attention, and she slightly faltered in step to fully admire it.

Patiently, Nick accommodated her pause and appreciated the numerous expression displayed on her face before moving his eyes onto the mannequin.

"Do you like it?"

Nodding, Sharlene pointed to the necklace.

"This is the one that captured my attention. What do you think? Doesn't it look beautiful?"

Humming, Nick leaned further to inspect the body of the jewelry, but before he could answer, Carrisa, who had arrived at the door of the chosen room two spaces away from the cupboard, spoke with her hand on its doorknobs.

"We have arrived."

Nick straightened while Sharlene nodded.

Detecting they had stopped in front of the cupboard, Carrisa spoke after pushing the doors open.

"Oh, I see that our latest collection has captured your attention."

"Yes. May I ask what materials make up the necklace?"

Sharlene curiously asked.

Walking to stand next to her, Carrisa smiled.

"It is 24 karats pure gold infused with twenty tiny diamonds."

"Twenty?"

Sharlene was shocked.

Glancing back at the necklace that looked even more extraordinary after hearing the materials used, she bit her lip.

"I see."

She murmured.

The many zeros associated with the price of the necklace floated in her head. Twenty diamonds infused with 24 karats pure gold sounded like twenty years of savings.

With that said, she moved towards the room, Nick following in her wake with their arms linked. However, he was curious about what she thought.

"What materials did you think to make up the necklace?"

Nick asked after they entered through the doors with Carissa walking in front.

Knowledgeable of her artistic and beautiful designs, he was eager to hear her opinion.

Recalling the features of the necklace, Sharlene placed her hand underneath her chin.

"Well, from first glance, it looked like 24 Karat pure gold. But I would have never guessed twenty diamonds was involved. Were the strings falling from its body made up of those diamonds and not the body itself?"