Chapter Ninety-Five

"Don't worry about her, son."

Roger said while grinning.

"I treat her like a queen. Do you see how she is glowing?"

Smiling, Nick nodded.

"Of course. Do enjoy your stay in Colorado."

"We will, son."

Waving them goodbye, Nick quickly gathered his luggage and walked out of the airport.

The benefit of choosing public transportation had paid off, for he was unrecognizable in the crowd around him. He was also thankful he had worn the light blue hat and green contact lenses. It made him look ordinary, though, not similar to the people walking back and forth through the airport because he was naturally handsome yet easily overlooked.

Siting a group of paparazzi standing on standby with their cameras loaded in a part of the area, he briskly walked in the opposite direction. Thankfully the parking lot was located there.

Those hungry paparazzi were eagerly waiting to capture the image of any celebrity that decided to take public transportation. It would have been chaos if one of them had recognized him because he did not bother to arrive with his bodyguards.

Entering the first empty cab he saw, he gave them his address and relaxed into the comfy seats with a heavy sigh.

Glancing out of the window, he enjoyed entering the country without humans trying to breathe down his neck for information he would never leak.

However, despite his quiet entry into the country, he had to face a large crowd hovering around him when he entered the restaurant the following day.

Inwardly sighing, Nick hurriedly searched the restaurant.

He had come for one purpose and one purpose only.

It did not take long for him to discover the person he was looking for, and he felt his breath hitch in his throat when his eyes landed on her captivating green eyes. Yes, he had come to the restaurant to meet her and show her that he had returned as promised.

She was sitting ten tables away with gleaming eyes of both surprise and excitement when she caught sight of him.

Sharlene looked as beautiful as he remembered, maybe even more, because she was glowing. Was it because of her pregnancy?

Dorothy had mentioned something like this to him.

'When women are pregnant, whether ugly or beautiful, they glow up like the sun. Call me crazy, but I think it's wonderful.'

She had said, and it was true.

Without wasting time, he began to march towards her, his surroundings dissolving around him.

But before he could take the second step, Hector, who had appeared from nowhere, suddenly blocked his way.

"Welcome back, sir."

He spoke with a small smile, and Nick frowned.

He had wanted to hear those words from the lips of his fiancé and not his secretary. Without giving him time to speak, he continued.

"Please, I have reserved a seat at our table in the VIP lounge."

Nick cleared his throat and pulled his foot back together. He had only arrived in Colorado twenty-fours ago and hadn't had the time to breathe or settle in before Hector had briefed him of the decision and planning as well as invited him to the restaurant. Nick was going to cancel his invitation, but after hearing Sharlene was one of the employees on the team, he reconsidered.