Chapter One Hundred and Twenty-Five

Smiling when Bianca had scoffed at another nonsensical comment Tyrone said, Nick glanced at the back of his mother and father, who were busy whispering to each other. He was glad to be home and staying put, at least for another five months. Upon arriving in front of the doors leading towards the dining room, he heard Riana's voice. She sounded annoyed, Nick imagining her hands folded on top of her chest and a frown on her face. The only other person besides Chris, whose very presence upset Riana, was Cline Ross, the trouble maker of the family.

"Why are you always so annoying?"

She whined, her hands flying in the air to swap Cline's hand from touching her hair that had caught his attention.

"Me? Annoying? I, Cline Ross, am not annoying."

Growing offended, Cline boasted while passing his hand in a circle around his face.

"Don't you see this immaculate beauty?"

Scoffing, Riana rolled her eyes.

"I have seen a fly dress and look better than you, brother."

Gasping in outrageousness, he pressed by touching his hair. It was the most precious ornament on his body, as Riana would often call it.

"Don't you see how perfect my hair is? It is smooth and silky soft, unlike yours."

"Hey! My hair is fine."

Scoffing while still threading his fingers through his shoulder-length hair, Cline rolled his eyes.

"You call wearing all the colors of the rainbow fine?"

"Why, you little!"

Raising her hands, Riana grabbed a good amount of Cline's hair, her grip not light, because the poor sap was bawling.

"Aw, aw. Be gentle with the merchandise, Riana. Women should be gentle and not fierce."

"You were wrong to criticize my hair and sit right next to me doing it."

She spoke through gritted, her revenge sweet towards Cline.

"Okay. Okay. I am sorry. Please let go."

Resulting in begging, Cline effortlessly held onto her hand to pull her hands away, but Riana was reluctant.

"Not until you tell me sorry."

"But I just did."

"I did not hear you."

When Evelyn saw the childish action unfolding in front of her, she gave her dignified shout of attention.

"Did I raise uncivilized children? Riana release your brother."

Both Cline and Riana turned in her direction. Immediately obeying her, Riana pulled her hands away and Cline hurriedly sat upright while trying his utmost best to fix his crumbled hairstyle, but it was fruitless.

"He started it."

Riana grumbled and earned a glare from Cline.

"You were the one who started it, Riana."

Frowning, for she disliked the idea of receiving the blame, she retorted, and Cline, being the silly character he was did not dare ignore her. Soon, they began to jeer at each other, but again Evelyn stopped it. Her tone was firmer this time, her famous raise of an eyebrow coming to play.

"Both of you started it. Now stop it. You two are sitting at a table and not at the fish market. Show proper table etiquette."

Grumbling, they huffed and turned to look the other way.