Chapter Twenty-Seven

Grinning like a Cheshire cat, she rushed to hug him but was mindful of not getting any of her makeup on his suit jacket. Pulling away from him, she giggled.

"When will this phase end?"

"Who said it was a phase?"

Scoffing, she waved him goodbye and quickly escaped when their gasping mother appearing from another hallway had sighted her.

"OH MY GOD! RIANA ROSS?! DID YOU HIT YOUR HEAD HARDER THAN YESTERDAY?! GO CHANGE FROM THAT HORRISH DRESSING RIGHT NOW!"

Shouting with a hand on her chest, Evelyn felt faint. Nick quickly rushed to her, but she swiped his hands from touching her by muttering, she would be fine, and of course, she was.

She was only in shock.

Kissing her on the forehead, he bade his farewell, and she quickly smiled before marching in the direction of where Riana had run-off.

"RIANA ROSS, GET BACK HERE!"

Hearing her loud shout, Nick shook his head.

His mother and Riana were always in strife about what to wear and what not to.

Glancing at the time to see that he had forty-five minutes to arrive at the workplace, he walked out of the house and towards the garage. Choosing another vehicle, a Bugatti, apart from his favorite BMW, he drove out of the parking lot with his necessary entourage towards his destination with determination.

When Nick had reached the large building, he was twenty minutes early. The traffic not being as bothersome on other days.

Stepping out of his vehicle that had captured the gawking and watching bystanders' attention, he grabbed his briefcase from the backseat.

His properly trained and muscular bodyguards quickly rushed to his side. Dressed all in black, they scouted the area for any danger toward his person.

He closed the door with a soft bang and looked ahead at the tall building in front of him. Removing the sunglasses from his face, he caught the eyes of many people walking by. Gasps from different people, women in general, surrounded him. Their most prevalent words were about his handsome face.

He sighed.

Having the attention of the media was already draining his energy. Heading towards the building with his men surrounding him, he abruptly paused, for a large crowd of paparazzi that had appeared from nowhere intercepted his destination.

It seemed they had gotten a tip of his arrival, most likely from their disguised counterparts posing as ordinary people around the area.

In a matter of seconds, they had flooded the parking lot.

They also pushed innocent bystanders to the side so that they could get a closer snap of his exceedingly handsome and mouth-watering appearance and physic.

Everyone in close range was soon curious about the buzz.

The flashing cameras added more flames to the fire of excitement.

At the same time, the paparazzis' spoke as if he could understand their gibberish and jabber.

The bodyguards quickly intercepted the large crowd of eager paparazzis', and the security from inside the building rushed out to assist them further.

All their life paparazzis' devoted themself to capture famous people's personal life and everyday activity. It was like food for them, and they were very much involved in having the best news out of the other. Their annoying questioning and greediness for private information always got on his nerves.