Chapter One Hundred and Twelve

"Miss. Sinclair, if I may? Don't you think doing all this in two weeks is a little daunting?"

Mr. Trosque was the first to speak after the uncomfortable silence.

Madam Sinclair frowned when she heard this. Why was this man yapping? Any person would jump onto the occasion, at least anyone thinking of the benefits that would follow.

"What do you mean daunting, Mr. Trosque? Are you saying as five-star hotel staffs; the manager no less, you are unable to carry this out?"

"Wha...I...That is not what I meant, Miss.Sinclair."

Sweating buckets, Mr. Trosque stuttered, his trusty handkerchief already wiping the sweat dripping down the sides of his face.

She raised an eyebrow, clearly out of annoyance.

"What are you saying? Do you want me to go and find another hotel that will be more willing to accept my conditions; receive double the pay at the end of the two weeks?"

Madam Sinclair's words were harsh and sarcastic, her hands stretching towards Sharlene, most likely for the tablet.

Without hesitation, she placed it in her hands, the picture of the second five-star hotel, A team also had in mind displaying on the screen.

With no regard for hurting the feelings of Mr. Trosque and his associates, Madam Sinclair turned the tablet to face him.

"I don't suppose you know this hotel."

She mocked.

"Don't you think they will be more willing to accept my generous proposal?"

When he laid eyes on the picture, Mr. Trosque's eyes narrowed into slits. The hotel was indeed familiar.

Their staff and employers were their arc enemy, both in businesses and families.

Their disagreements went two inches deep in history because they had been competing for status and recognition for decades. And to make matters worse, they were only five buildings away from each other.

Biting his lip, he begrudgingly sighed. Pocketing the handkerchief, he cleared his throat and hastily agreed.

"Very well. We will begin today."

His associates' eyes widened, but they were mindful to keep their mouths shut and comments to themselves when he sent them a look.

A smile spread across Madam Sinclair's lips. She was satisfied with Mr. Trosque's final decision. She could finally sleep better at night because Princess' accommodation was secure. This external joy showed that she had succeeded in her effortless bribe.

Passing the tablet back to Sharlene, she dramatically clapped once.

This unexpected action made everyone jump out of their skin, except Sharlene. She was too busy typing what Madam Sinclair had previously said.

"Okay. Since everything here is in order, I will make my way out."

She expressed with a smile.

Stretching her hands in Sharlene's direction once more, she spoke with confidence.

"My secretary, Miss Cunning-ham, will assist you in the two weeks. If you have any queries, she will help you. But keep in mind. Do not try any shortcuts because she will be my eyes and ears from now on."

In other words, Madam Sinclair was saying, 'you mess with her, and you'll mess with me.'

If her brimstone shining eyes did not express this, her pursed lips and pose did.