Chapter Eighty-Nine

Depositing all the medical tools she needed on the table from the cupboard, Nisa breathed a heavy sigh.

"Are you feeling hot?"

She asked while wiping the sweat on her forehead with a tissue paper from the box on her table. She had also begun to fan herself with a hand.

"A little."

Humming, Nisa opened another cupboard to retrieve the air condition unit remote.

"I had turned it off since I always forget to turn it off after seeing my last patient."

She explained while putting it on with the button. Instantly the cool air blew into the room.

"Ah, that's much better."

Sighing after placing the remote on the table, she exclaimed after taking the pressure meter.

"Okay, let's get started."

Ten minutes later, after sharing another set of corny jokes with Sharlene and asking her questions about her pregnancy, Nisa was done.

"Everything is perfect; your blood sugar, pressure, oh my, even your heart rate is normal. You, my dear, have a very healthy baby. Maybe a beautiful little girl who resembles you."

Blushing, Sharlene stood when she had.

"I don't think so."

"So, are you looking forward to a handsome little boy resembling Nick?"

Sharlene's face turned redder from her teasing statement.

Nisa laughed when she saw this.

"You do, don't you?"

Hastily nodding, Sharlene placed the fallen strand of her hair behind her ears.

"Baby girls are wonderful, but baby boys are indeed the apple of a mother's eyes. And according to what you told me, it seems your dream might come true. Baby boys don't give their mother's pregnancy symptoms until their second trimester. I should remind Nick that he is in for a treat with his troublesome unborn son because they tend to make their mothers go loco sometimes."

With a wink, Nisa quickly wrote down the last thing she had checked on Sharlene on a paper before closing the file and placing it underneath her arm.

Sharlene's blush increased, and her heart spiked with excitement. Knowing that her baby would be a boy was amazing. Not that she did not wish for a girl or she disliked them. If she could have both, she would not mine because she loved children in general, whether male or female.

"Here you go. You can collect it at the front desk, where you met Greta earlier."

Nisa said as she handed her the prescription for her prenatal vitamins.

"Thank you."

"Now, let's go back to your mother and Riana."

Nodding, she followed Nisa out of the room.

---------

The conference room was bustling with activity the following Monday. Preparation was underway as Madam Sinclair walked into the room accompanied by Sharlene. Today was the day the new team came into office and mentioned to the board of directors, including the CEO himself.

The moment Sharlene arrived at work, Madam Sinclair had called her into her office. Sparring the greetings, she had jumped straight to the point and informed her that she would be the brain behind the main design. How that opportunity came? She did not know.