Chapter Seventy-Three

"So I am no longer cute? But what I am saying is not false. Do you want a boy? What will you name him?"

Brushing her questions aside, Sharlene swiftly changed the subject, but her blushing cheeks did not go unnoticed by smiling Janice.

"Why do we not go for lunch? I am starving."

"I am starving as well, but I have to rain check if that is okay."

"Really? Did you meet someone?"

A blush tinted Janice's cheeks, and Sharlene laughed because her assumptions were correct.

"What is his name?"

Curiously she asked with a lovely smile.

Grabbing her purse from the chair, Janice walked towards Sharlene and began to drag her down the hallway.

"That is not important right now. Feeding Nick junior is."

Ignoring her innocent teasing, Sharlene did not become deterred as she inquisitively asked.

"How is your love life not also important? What is his age? Where does he work? Likes? Dislikes? Have you two shared your first-?"

The rest of her words was drowned in a muffle because Janice had blocked her mouth.

"Okay. That is enough talking. It is time to stuff your mouth with food and concentrate on chewing."

Whining, Sharlene allowed Janice to pull her towards the end of the hallway and into the elevator. The whispering people glanced in their direction, but she was not as bothered as before.

"See you in the next four days?"

Janice said after they arrived on the ground floor.

"Why? Are you going somewhere?"

Sharlene asked while basking with joy for Janice's potential romance. She presumed in her mind that she was going on a weekend getaway with her romantic sweetheart.

"Yes. And it is not what you are thinking."

"What? What was I thinking?"

She feigned ignorance.

"Do not give me that look. It is written all over your face. You think I am going on some romantic getaway with my significant other."

Shyly laughing, Sharlene shrugged.

"You got the first half right."

"Exactly. And to clear your misunderstanding, Mr. Thomas is going on a last-minute trip. As his assistant, I have or must accompany him."

"Right."

Sharlene tepidly agreed.

Smiling, Janice nodded.

"Right. So enjoy your lunch, okay?"

"Okay."

Hugging each other goodbye, Janice disappeared from her sight.

Sighing a little discouraged, Sharlene turned around but bounced straight into Timmy.

"Wow there."

He exclaimed while holding onto her shoulders to prevent her fall.

Hastily pulling away as soon as she got her bearings, Sharlene's cheeks tinted pink from embarrassment.

"Sorry about that."

Shaking his head, Timmy was more concerned about her person as he hurriedly pulled his hands towards his side.