Chapter Thirty-One

Five minutes later, their meals came, and smelling the heavenly scent from the food made Sharlene's stomach rumble. She placed a hand on her stomach and blushed when Nick smiled at her reaction.

"Are you famished?"

"Very."

Admitting with a shy smile, she watched as the waiter placed their meals on the table. When everything was right, he politely spoke.

"Two garlic butter steak and potatoes, one glass of homemade sweet grape juice, and a bottle of chilled red wine."

"Thank you."

Assertively, Sharlene spoke as she gazed at the food with wonder. Everything looked perfectly organized and neat.

"You are most welcome, Miss."

The waiter was thankful the customers were not stuck-up or rude.

"Have you decided on the order of any of our special dishes, Mr. Ross?"

Glancing at Sharlene, who was dying to dig into her appetizing lunch, Nick did not linger.

"Yes."

Stretching the menu card for him to take, Nick glanced at Sharlene once again.

"We will have the Apple Tart as dessert."

Hearing that, she lifted her head with a small frown, for he hated sweets.

"Thank you, sir. Then please enjoy your meals."

Taking the menu, the waiter left the room with the door closing shut behind him.

"I thought you said you hated sweets."

Moved that she had remembered that fact, Nick shrugged.

"Only today, since this is your first time tasting one."

"I suppose."

Murmuring, she dismissed the topic and dug into the meal.

Smiling at her dismissal, Nick mimicked her actions.

Soon, the only thing heard in the room was the clattering of knives and forks. Fifteen minutes later, they were eating their dessert.

Her eyes gleamed, and she moaned when she took her first bite.

"It sounds like you like it."

Smiling, Nick was pleased with her reaction.

Rapidly nodding with a beautiful rosy blush on her cheeks, she took another bite before sitting back in her chair with a soft sigh.

"Are you not going to eat more?"

Sheepishly, she shook her head.

Lightly, she tapped her stomach.

"No. I am full."

Understandably nodding, Nick leaned onto the table on his elbow.

"Do you want me to tell them to pack it for you?"

"You can?"

"Of course."

Grinning, Sharlene was thankful.

"Then I will like that."

Nodding, Nick leaned back in his chair.

Today's lunch was satisfying, especially with the right person eating with him. One thing he noticed about Sharlene, she was a neat and organized individual, for even the way she ate was precise and careful. He also loved how she had an exploring sweet tooth.