Chapter Fifty-Nine

"You stop right there!"

The woman shouted, but she ignored her.

Gripping her hands into fists at her side, she increased her speed so that the woman would be unable to catch up. Breathing in and out, when she was drawing closer towards Hector, she braced herself for impact.

Quickening breath when she had arrived near them, Sharlene forced a smile on her lips as she politely spoke.

"Excuse me. May I have a word with you, sir?"

Her soft voice had captured their attention and whatever conversation they were having seized.

"Sir, I tried stopping-"

The shouting woman suddenly clambered her mouth shut when Hector had briefly looked in her direction with frosty eyes.

His impassive face neither faltered nor changed when he glanced back at Sharlene. Though, she detected a slight raise of his eyebrows, which showed irritation. There was also a glint of surprise reflecting in his eyes. He had least expected her presence on this floor.

Glancing down at his watch, he murmured.

"I can spare two minutes."

Sparing, the two women flagging his side a glance, his voice was indifferent when he spoke.

"You two can proceed as planned and start the meeting without me. I will be there in two minutes."

"Yes, sir."

Nodding, the woman left, but not before sending a skeptical look in her direction.

She understood their hesitance because she had made a scene, but she did not care.

A rosy blush tinted her cheeks, and she averted her eyes.

"You are also dismissed, Ms. Apple."

Hector spoke while looking at the steaming woman heatedly glaring at Sharlene.

"Yes, sir."

Nodding, Ms. Apple huffed, and with another firm glare in Sharlene's direction, she sauntered away.

'Ms. Apple? More like Ms. Bitterness.'

Sharlene mused in her mind as she watched the snorty woman disappearing through a door.

"Now, what do you want to speak to me about, Ms. Cunning-ham?"

Hector's voice was chilling. She unconsciously shuddered.

The thought of speaking to a wall came to mind.

He was like a block of ice.

Swiftly turning back to face him, Sharlene's blush grew darker.

"Can we speak in private, sir? What I want to speak about is personal."

Sighing, as if two minutes was far too much of his time to engage in her useless conversation, Hector clicked his tongue.

"Follow me to the closest lounge room then."

Curtly nodding, Sharlene followed behind the hasty steps of Hector, which was a little—or more like impossible, since the man had long legs and a steady stride. That was one factor she had to agree with his stalkers/fans—his speed in walking—though they stretched the description of describing how sexy his stride was. Rolling her eyes at that thought, she pursed her lips. What was so sexy about a cold, tall, handsome, and rich man?

Nick's face flashed through her mind, and she could not help blushing like crazy. In comparison to Mr. Thomas, he was heaven-sent and dreamy.

Shaking her head from those thoughts, for she had almost missed the sudden corner, Mr. Thomas had bent, she hurried her footsteps.