Chapter Eighty-Four

Feeling embarrassed by her outward staring, Sharlene cleared her throat before speaking with unsureness in her tone.

"Hello."

Suddenly, the woman pulled her into a tight hug, which was brief because she quickly apologized after pulling away.

"How rude of me! You do not even know me. I was just so excited to see you."

'Okay?'

Sharlene thought as she sent a wary glance in her mother's confused direction.

As if she sensed her confusion, the woman quickly added.

"Where are my manners? I am Annisa Lumine, but you can call me Nisa, which I prefer, though all my other friends don't. I apologize for starring earlier. Oh my god, you are so much more beautiful than how he described! No wonder he is so head over heels for you!"

She exclaimed, making Sharlene blush beet red all over.

'So, this woman was Annisa Lumine?'

She thought as she continued to observe her.

With delicate features and a warm heart, Nisa looked down-to-earth.

"You must be Mrs. Cunning-ham."

Nisa said, her smile broadening as she turned towards Helena.

"Yes. Helena Cunning-ham."

"Helena. It sounds familiar."

She mused as she gave her hand a brief handshake.

"Maybe I am not the first Helena to come here."

Helena joked, and Nisa laughed.

"Maybe. Anyway, it's so nice to meet you both, especially you, Sharlene."

As she said that, her smile broadened.

Turning back to face Sharlene, she gushed.

"Oh my god, I am already feeling jealous of Evie for getting such a beautiful daughter-in-law such as you."

Nisa clapped, her eyes twinkling like stars.

"Come. Come. Please come to my office."

She encouraged while swinging her hands in Sharlene and Helena's direction.

"Is that alright? I mean..."

Sharlene was undecided, her eyes looked around them to find different eyes looking in their direction, but Nisa dampened her uncertainty.

"It's alright. I am not the only one working here, you see. Greta, please refer my patients to Mr and Miss. Lumine for the rest of the day."

She informed, and Greta silently nodded.

"Is your husband also a doctor?"

Sharlene curiously asked while following behind Nisa.

"Yes. It is a family business. My husband, my eldest daughter, and I are all doctors."

Explaining with pure joy in her voice, Nisa looked like a ball of sunshine.

"That is wonderful."

"How many children do you have?"

Helena asked, her eyes taking in everything around them as they walked through the hallway Nisa had popped out.

"I have four. Two boys and two girls. My first boys are twins. One is an entrepreneur, and the other is an NFL player. As I said before, one of my daughters is a doctor, while the other is happily married and taking care of her two children."