Chapter Seventy-Two

Out of all the people in the Visual and Arts Design Department, why did he choose me?

As if reading her mind, Hector swiftly explained.

"You have an amazing talent of not only drawing but aesthetically designing, Miss. Cunning-ham. Having you on the team will not only be beneficial, but I am sure with your talent, you can enhance the main designs even more."

She was taken aback by his words of praise.

"I do not know what to say."

She mumbled.

"That is quite alright. I will send the time and date the meeting is held somewhere during the day."

"Thank you, Mr. Thomas."

She expressed her gratitude with a smile, and for the first time after spending twenty minutes speaking with him, he returned the smile.

And it was genuine.

"You are welcome. And great work."

Her eyes widened when she heard his words of commendation. First, he had praised her talent, and now he commended her?

'Did her words on that unfateful day reprogrammed his brain?'

She was astonished.

"Ah, yes."

His smile broadened, which made her cringe inside.

"Then enjoy your lunch and the rest of the day."

"You too, sir."

She sounded skeptical but did not remain any longer in his presence to continue being astounded.

Before he could blink, she was already at the door. With a soft click, she shut them behind her.

Looking straight ahead, she retracted Mr. Thomas's words in her mind like a broken record as she pulled away from the door.

"What just happened?"

She murmured to herself before averting her eyes.

"Janice."

She called.

"Yes?"

Janice responded while busily printing some papers.

"I think I lost my hearing."

Janice frowned as she heard that.

"What do you mean?"

She asked while swiftly turning around to glance at her.

Gasping, for Sharlene had sunk against the desk, Janice quickly side-stepped it with the bundle of papers in her hands to stoop near her side. She was worried because she looked whiter than she was before.

"How do you feel? Is it the baby? Oh god. Are you sick?"

She asked with apprehension.

Sweat broke across her forehead from fear.

Putting the papers onto the floor near her, she placed a hand against Sharlene's forehead and breathed a heavy sigh of relief, for there was no fever prevalent.

However, Sharlene still looked unwell. Janice continued to examine her from head to toe. After a few minutes, she found nothing wrong with her.

Then what was the problem?

"Are you okay? Do you need water? I think I will go get a glass for you."

She offered and was about to stand, but Sharlene shaking her head in denial, made her pause in motion.