Chapter One Hundred and Thirty-Seven

{Imaginary Pic of part of Bianca's garden above. P.S This is the view Sharlene and Nick see from the balcony.}

Everywhere Sharlene looked, she witnessed artistic designs. The living room from before was grand and beautiful, but the dining room was beyond words.

Spacious, the room had two consecutive colors; white and gold.
And that was not the only thing: exotic potted plants and a beautiful family portrait hanging on top of the fireplace made the room shine. Spotting younger Nick standing between his little brother and sister, Sharlene smiled. He looked annoyed but cute.

"This room is beautiful."

She praised.

"Thank you, dear. I was the one who designed it."
Bianca mused, her voice carrying emotion.
'Was this a special place to her?'
Sharlene thought while glancing at the antique plates and saucers displayed in a see-through cabinet. With pictures inside each of them, she recognized they shared a piece of the Ross memories. It was very creative.

"Mind you, Bianca was just my supervisor. I was the one who did most of the planning," Tyrone interrupted with a smug smile.

Rolling her eyes, Bianca scoffed.

"Without this supervisor, would you have finished it on time?"

"I may not have, but it's thanks to you."

Bianca rolled her eyes.

"Mom, Dad, please. You too may have designed the place, but it was Evelyn who rearranged the main theme."

Victor said, dispelling the useless banter before it could escalate.

Baffled, Bianca glared at Tyrone.

"Okay, okay, I lost. No need to give me the stingy eye in front of our beloved granddaughter-in-law."

Tyrone appeased her by gently grasping her free hand.

Sharlene smiled when Bianca scoffed but managed to smile when he bestowed a kiss on the surface.

Leaving the couple to makeup, she drew her attention to Evelyn.

"Everything looks beautiful."

"Why, thank you, darling. I am glad you appreciate it."

"What she means is, she took three days to redesign it."
Riana drew closer to whisper in her ears, and Sharlene's eyes widened.

"Really?"

"Yes. You should have been there to see her."
She added with a light chuckle.
"I have never seen her so enthusiastic, and she is always energized."

Clearing her throat to dispel Riana's words, Evelyn politely spoke.

"Why don't we take our seats?"

Everyone nodded and moved towards the table.

Nick patiently assisted Bianca and her into their seats by pulling back their chairs.

"Thank you, mi Hijo."

"You are most welcome, Tita."

Kissing her on the cheek, he moved away.

Smiling in Sharlene's direction, he found his seat on the opposite side of the table. Though he faced her, she was disappointed that he did not choose the empty chair next to her.

When she realized her brother had wavered, Riana quickly took the chair and struck a conversation with her.

Sharing glances, Sharlene saw a frown take over Nick's lips. He regretted his choice. However, he was a gentleman and knew the customs of his family.