Chapter Ninety-Nine

Everyone glanced at each other with puzzled looks on their faces.

"That's my phone ringtone! It must be the driver!"

Exclaiming with giddiness, Rita skipped towards the direction her phone was ringing, which was on the nightstand near Sharlene's bed. Swaying from left to right together with the music, she lifted the screaming phone in her hands.

Helena, Sharlene, and Janice shook their heads at her silly reaction and returned to what they were doing.

"Yello."

Cheerily, Rita finally answered on the fourth ring, her smile threatening to split her lips in half.

"Rita, may I kindly ask where you are?"

Hearing the familiar voice of Yvonne, her wide smile turned into a frown.

"What do you mean? I am still at Shar's home."

Sharlene looked in her direction with raised eyebrows after putting on her shoes. She was curious about the person who had called. As if reading the expression on her face, Rita mouthed, 'it's Yoyo.'

"I was beginning to think that you were ditching me today."

Hearing the nervousness in the tone of his voice, she could not help but laugh.

"Ditching you? What gave you that silly idea?"

A brief silence, then Yvonne hurriedly answered with a huge sigh. It appeared he was holding his breath the moment he dialed her number. He soon chuckled.

"I know, right. Maybe I am nervous."

The silliness of Yvonne made the flamboyant smile return on her face.

"We both are. Don't forget it's something we both have been planning ever since you proposed that fateful day in the amusement park."

Her blush tinted as the beautiful scene flashed in her mind.

"Yes. I remember that as clear as day."

"If you do, stop fretting. We will arrive in the next thirty minutes or so."

She consoled the supposedly perspiring from nervousness and impatient Yvonne.

"About that. The reason I called was to inform you that the driver had a slight accident."

Her eyes widened when she heard this.

"Accident?"

She gasped, and everyone glanced in her direction.

A million questions rose in their heads from the one-sided information.

Helena drew away from Janice, and since she was the last person to prepare, she quickly headed towards the washroom for a quick shower.

Dismissing the thought of checking her appearance in the mirror, Janice stood and walked towards the bed. Quickly, she adorned the dress, the accessories, and even her shoes. However, she was as interested as Sharlene in the one-sided conversation Rita was having.

"Was the driver injured?"

"Just minor wounds. However, the car got damaged in the collision."

"Oh no, then how are we going to arrive at the hall in the next thirty minutes? You did think of an alternative, right?"

She pouted while sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Um. No, not really, but luckily someone volunteered."

Rita scrunched her eyebrows, then voiced.

"Someone volunteered?"

Sharlene and Janice, who were dying to know what was said, finally found themselves sandwiching Rita and pressing their ears in listening range. She reprimanded them with her eyes but did not make any sound because she was patiently waiting for Yvonne's response.