Chapter Twenty-Six

Everyone quickly gathered around when Madam Sinclair had called for their attention. With their task finished, the IT staff left the room. Timmy had sent a smile in her way before disappearing out of the double doors.

Clearing her throat, Madam Sinclair looked different with her reading glasses. Dressed in a black skirt that reached a little above her knees and a frilly white blouse tucked into it, she had light makeup, and her hair was recently dyed black and in a fancy up-do.

Cute stud earrings fell from her pierced ear onto her shoulders.

She looked sharp and sophisticated for the meeting today. As she spoke, her voice was loud and filled with authority.

"As you all know, this is not the first time our company has undergone and dealt with a large project."

She had stepped up in her role in the past four days. It seemed that Sharlene's pregnancy had given her a wake-up call. After all, she was the COO of the company, the right-hand person of the CEO.

Everyone was attentive, their eyes focused, including Rita and Sharlene, for this was the first time they had seen their boss so solemn.

"Some of you, who are new members of the company, have never experienced something like that."

When she said that, her eyes looked in Sharlene's direction before returning to the others.

"The Forever Shining--a project we invested millions of dollars six months ago had become successful. But today, as we sit and discuss different proposals from every department about our second project, we should keep in mind, it will be the biggest project we have ever handled. That is because our aim this year is to release six pieces of jewelry dedicated to earrings, ankle and wrist bracelets, necklaces, and various other forms. We are speaking about a billion-dollar investment and creating something completely different than any other company. That means that the competition will be big this year. Any questions?"

Someone behind astonished Sharlene raised their hands.

"Yes?"

Acknowledging the person, Madam Sinclair was patient.

"What is the duration for this project?"

"We have three months to plan, create and bring the pieces to life."

Someone sucked in their breath.

Sharlene also doubted the time frame after hearing the budget.

"Can we accomplish this goal before August?"

Someone else questioned.

"Of course we can. We are not called the leading jewelry company for nothing."

Madam Sinclair responded with confidence.

Glancing down at the watch on her wrist, she informed.

"The CEO will be arriving in the next twenty minutes or so. Please get to your seats."

Everyone nodded and instantly obeyed.

"Make sure everything is in order, Mr. Lairison."

Timmy instantly responded.

"Will do, boss."

With that said, he went back towards his staff and made them re-checked everything. With their task finished, they left the room. Timmy sent a smile in Sharlene's way before disappearing out of the double doors.

Someone from another department had walked over to whisper in Madam Sinclair's ears, as she had finished overlooking the files on the laptops placed on the separate desk next to the white wall, where the projector reflected the information on the whiteboard.