Chapter Fifty-One

"That's so random, but to answer your question: you, my friend, would not be able to seek my assistance, for there would be way too many customers ahead of you."

Snorting, Rita rolled her eyes.

"You always have a comeback for everything."

"That's what makes me special."

Grinning, she pulled away from her.

Cautiously, she asked for she was still worried.

"Are you feeling better now?"

"I am still a little hurt and angry, but you are there to cheer me up, so... thank you always for being there to listen to my sob stories."

"Anytime. And I have a feeling you are staying over."

Smirking, Rita placed her purse on the floor near the bed.

"You know me the best."

With that said, she crawled into the middle of the bed.

"Hey! That's my favorite spot!"

"Not anymore, because it has become mines."

Murmuring with her eyes closed, Rita made herself comfortable on the soft sheets.

"Oh, come on, Riri. Where am I going to sleep?"

"You can always sleep with your mom."

Yawning, Riri hugged the other pillow to her chest.

"Goodnight."

She tiredly murmured, and Sharlene pursed her lips.

"It is still 5 in the afternoon."

But Rita never responded again because she had fallen asleep. It appeared all her crying had made her fatigue.

Inaudibly grumbling, Sharlene quickly tidied the room. With every last soiled tissue paper in the bin, she moved towards the bed where snoring Rita was in dreamland.

"Everything will work out in the end."

Murmuring, she draped the bed cover over her. As if sensing her presence, Rita sleepily whisper.

"Thanks, Shar."

"You are welcome."

Smiling, Sharlene kissed her on the forehead.

--------

An annoying ringing resonated around the room, causing the lightly snoring people lying on the queen-sized bed toes to twitch at the disturbance.

But they neither moved nor cared to stop the ringing because the bed was warm and their dream was exhilarating.

After a few seconds, the ringing stopped, and they unconsciously smiled in their sleep.

Fixing their position, they were about to doze off when the ringing abruptly returned, and they could no longer stand it.

Groaning, as she placed the pillow upon her head to fend off the sound, Sharlene snuggled in the warm covers and began to fall back asleep.

However, the ringing did not give her any peace because it did not stop this time.

"Shut it off, Shar."

Helena groggily muttered as she slightly lifted her body to glance with eyes half-closed in the direction of the obnoxious ringing. After Sharlene was kicked out of her bedroom by Rita, she sought refuge in her mother's bedroom and bed after a light dinner and warm bath. Her mother did not mind, for she had missed the odd sleepovers that she would do in the past; and the fact that not a single snore left her lips unless she was bone tired.