Chapter Thirty-Eight

Madam Sinclair, on the other hand, had her arms wrapped on top of her chest. It looked as if she was waiting for something spectacular to occur.

Blushing from underneath the people's stares, Sharlene wanted to run out of the room.

"It seems you are afraid of your employees seeing your greedy face, Silvestain."

Madam Sinclair teased, making him flustered.

"What are you doing here? GET O...!"

In his barking frenzy, which his workers were accustomed to, Silvestain suddenly shut up when an unfamiliar voice interjected.

"I think that is enough, Mr. Pierre."

Everyone turned in the direction of the opened doorway, where a tall, handsome man with light brown hair stood, with two widened-eyed women standing on his either side.

Sharlene instantly recognized them as the secretaries of the CEO: Ashanti and Robin.

"Wow. Who is he?"

"Is he a new employee?"

"He is handsome."

Whispers soon broke out into the room as everyone studied the young man in front of them.

"He looks important."

Another person commented.

"And is very brave to shut up, Mr. Pierre."

Someone else added, their tone filled with both surprise and admiration. Gritting his teeth as he had heard such a remark, Silvestain turned red with anger.

Scrutinizing the young man who was gazing at him with raised eyebrows, he sneered, for he looked as if he was looking down on him with his cold black eyes.

"Who the hell are you?"

Gasps in response to Silvestain's outrageous sneer, everyone was shocked, and they patiently waited for the young man's answer.

"It seems you are notorious as the rumors say you are, Mr. Pierre."

With a deep sigh, the young man removed his phone from the pocket of his pants.

Furrowing his eyebrows, Silvestain was confused but still barked.

"I asked you a question, boy!"

Raising his eyes from the phone screen where he was rapidly typing on, the young man humorlessly chuckled.

"Is that the term you use on your fellow workers, Mr. Pierre, while you order them around like slaves?"

Everyone sucked in their breath as they heard such statement from the young man. Instantly, they were eager to get to know him better.

Shaking with rage and feeling embarrassed because some had glanced at him while others were whispering amongst each other, Silvestain's voice rose.

"HOW DARE YOU...!"

However, he chocked on his scream when the young man had curtly interjected.

"You are fired, Mr. Pierre."

"Wha...wha...what?"

Sputtering, for he found such statement unbelievable, Silvestain face twisted into the ugliest glare Sharlene had ever seen.

"WHO ARE YOU TO TELL ME I AM FIRED?! DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD I WORKED TO REACH IN THE POSITION I AM?! I DO NOT KNOW WHO YOU ARE, BOY, BUT YOU SHOULD KNOW YOUR PLACE! YOU ARE NOT THE OWNER OF THE COMPANY!"