Chapter Twelve

The colors varied as well from soft cream, white and black. The tiles were still grey, but the walls were cream. Following the receptionist instructions, she searched for the office and clumsily bounced in another human, who turned out to be the same one from the ground floor. Whoops.

This time the girl was stepping from the women's bathroom. And she was passing next to it.

"Oh, my god! What is wrong with you?! Are you blind?!"

Screaming or more like shrieking, Sherlene was livid as she scrutinized the same girl in front of her.

"No. Not really. I did not see you. Honestly speaking."

'Her voice is annoying.'

Sherlene irritatingly thought.

Growling, she stretched her hands for her trailing assistant to pick her papers from the floor, which she had dropped from the collision.

"Why do I always meet people like you?"

"People like me?"

Frowning, Sharlene was offended.

"We have never met before."

Flipping her hair, Sherlene spat.

"Whatever."

She quickly walked towards a row of chairs and begrudgingly sat on them.

'Well, that was crazy.'

Thinking this, Sharlene fixed her ruffled shirt.

Gazing at the words written on the door a few seats away from the huffing girl, Sharlene gazed down at the paper in her hands.

It was the doctor she needed to see.

Walking over, she sat down two seats away from the girl, who had removed her makeup from inside her purse, and began pampering her already perfect face. Gazing up from the kit, she frowned when she witnessed the girl sitting opposite her.

"Are you following me?"

Waving a hand in front of her, Sharlene scrunched her nose.

'Does this girl have a princess complex?'

"No, I am not."

"Why are you here?"

"Rude much. This hospital is not for you only."

Sharlene retorted while the girl continued to size her up.

'What's wrong with her?'

"I'll have you know my father owns this hospital, and if I just snap my finger, he can kick you out."

Rolling her eyes, Sharlene folded her arms on top of her chest.

"I am afraid you cannot do that because your father was the one who made the statement that medicals were free for the next two weeks. I have an appointment with the doctor, so you cannot do anything."

"I don't like you."

Huffing, the girl did not look convinced as she closed the makeup kit and shoved it in her bag.

"The feelings mutual."

"I don't want to talk to you no more."

"Me too."

Silence ascended between the two women as they waited for the doctor. Soon, the door opened, and a smiling woman left the room. Sending a glare in her direction, Sherlene dismissed her assistant before entering the room.