Chapter One Hundred and Nineteen

"I am talking too much, aren't I? Am I boring you with my nonstop speaking?"

Sharlene said, her blush still prevalent on her face, but her tone was serious.

"No, no, you are not. I like to hear you talk about you."

Nick hurriedly denied, and he was not lying, though he hadn't heard half of what was said. He would never let her know.

The last he remembered she mentioned was about a girl named Mia, who had come uninvited to her home. After that, he got lost in the beauty of Sharlene's calming voice and expressions.

Sharlene laughed from witnessing his flustered face.

"I am boring you, Nick. For the past five minutes, I have been speaking about myself. I am sure you are tired of hearing about me."

Chuckling, Nick shook his head.

"You are not boring me, sweetheart. I like—no, I love your voice. It is soothing."

Sharlene blushed, but she refused to give him the benefit of the doubt.

"I know you weren't listening, Nick. Your unfocused eyes gave that away."

"My unfocused eyes?"

Nick asked in astonishment. Did he have unfocused eyes?

Giggling, for he looked deafly confused, Sharlene explained.

"There is something I have suspected about you. When you stare in one direction for more than two minutes, you get lost in thought. I observed this attribute of yours at Rita's bonfire reception."

Smirking, Nick winked.

"You were spying on me?"

Scoffing, Sharlene, though her blush defined her cheeks, denied his claim.

"I was not."

Swiftly she added to change the conversation.

"I love your voice as well. That's why it is your turn to speak now."

Only smiling, Nick leaned back in his chair.

"Where shall I begin?"

Smiling, Sharlene traced the top of her glass with her index finger.

"From the moment you met Dorothy and Rojer."

Shrugging his shoulders, Nick nodded.

"That won't be a problem."

Sharlene paid close attention to his words, but eventually, she too had gotten lost in thought as she gazed at his handsome face. It appeared she had become unfocused as well. Sensing her lack of concentration, Nick inwardly smiled.

"I see you have also developed unfocused eyes."

"Huh?"

Sharlene, who got broken from her thoughts, spoke in confusion. He chuckled when she quickly straightened herself and denied his claim.

"I was listening."

"Was."

He stressed, and her pursed lips made him laugh. Brushing his comment aside, she brought the glass towards her lips and drank the last of her juice.

"Ah."

She exclaimed after pulling it away from her lip.

Her stomach filled, she was contented. The baby had also enjoyed the treatment because of that acknowledgment. However, she knew her stomach would be boiling before five.