Chapter Eight-Three

Satisfied with her compliance, Helena walked towards the garage while Sharlene walked back into the house, closed and locked the door behind her.

Grinning like a fool, she took her phone from the coffee table and skipped towards her bedroom. On her way, she heard a loud ping that indicated she had gotten a message. Quickly entering the password, she brightened, for it was three additional messages from Nick.

One was the contact information and location of Annisa Lumine, and the two others were blush-worthy texts with many love heart emojis attached that made her laugh.

Quickly responding, Sharlene was on cloud nine as she leaped up the steps.

------

The ride towards Lumine's office was shorter than she presumed from home. Parking the vehicle in the only available spot in the large parking lot, she glanced at her mother in the passenger seat. She was wearing her trendy matching blue blouse and jeans, her white hat bringing back her youthful looks, and her black shoes contemplating the outfit.

Turning off the ignition, she teased.

"You dress as if you are going to golf practice, mom."

Smiling with a scoff, Helena rolled her eyes as she unbuckled her seat belt.

"You know how I like to dress during late summer."

Nodding, Sharlene mimicked her action of removing the seat belt.

"Of course I do."

Taking the car key from the ignition, she grabbed her purse from the backseat.

"So, is this where this Annisa office resides?"

Asking, as she looked out the window at the three-story building standing tall in front of them, Helena's eyes squinted for the overbearing sunlight was affecting them.

"Yes."

Distractively answering, Sharlene began digging inside her purse for her shaded glasses.

Humming while placing a hand on top of her forehead to shy from the sunlight, Helena perused the clean and sanitized area. With recently cut trees on either side of the wide entrance and beautifully arranged flowers scaling the pavement leading towards it, the place was free of unnecessary decoration and expenditure.

Large floor-to-ceiling dark windows took up the walls of the buildings. It looked sophisticated, especially with its vintage high roof and stone archway.

"It looks expensive."

She mused, her eyes zeroing on the people walking in and out of the building. They were either dressed immaculate or fancy. Even the children holding onto their parents' hands looked rich and elegant.

"Looks can be deceiving, mom. I thought the new hospital would have been expensive as well."

Commenting, Sharlene passed her the sunglass as soon as she had found it in the deepest pocket of her purse.

"I suppose."

Shrugging, Helena opened the car door after making sure everything was in order in her bag. Placing on the sunglasses, she continued to observe the building behind her. Soon, she heard the driver's door opening and closing behind her, then a loud beep indicating Sharlene had locked the vehicle.

"It looks beautiful."

Admiring the infrastructure as she came to stand next to her, Sharlene smiled.

"Shall we go see the inside?"

"You are the one I am following."

Helena matter-factly stated, causing Sharlene to roll her eyes.