Chapter Eighty-Five

"And you are the Lumine she boasted about."

Helena suggested, and Nisa nodded.

"I hope she spoke of good things."

"Of course."

"Oh my, what a small world."

Nisa beamed.

"I have always wanted to meet you every time she mentioned you."

"Me too. You know how expressive Eve can get when talking about something or someone."

"Yes, I do. I am glad I met you today. Now please continue telling me more about yourselves."

Nodding, Helena continued.

"Eve and I were very close, but after meeting my husband, we drifted a whole country and miles apart since I moved to Britain with him. However, we kept in contact via emails, calls, and whatever else the youth of today use."

"Aw. That is wonderful. And to make things even better, Sharlene and Nicholas, your daughter and her son, are getting married."

"I know. When I found out Nick was her son, I was amazed and in a little denial."

"I can imagine. You thought he was going to take your daughter away from you."

Nisa suggested with a smile, for she saw how close Helena and Sharlene were as mother and daughter. They were even wearing matching earrings and bracelets.

"Yes."

"But that is likely the case now, right?"

"Yes. He has grown into a responsible young man."

"Indeed, he has."

Nisa hastily agreed before turning to watch smiling Sharlene, who was confused about what they were discussing. However, she was intrigued about her mother's friendship with Evelyn. Why did she never speak about her often? How did they meet? Those were some of the questions she would love to ask her mother.

"So what about you?"

Nisa asked, and Sharlene making a mental note of asking her mother later, smiled.

---------

Half an hour later, they were much more comfortable in Nisa's presence. She made them laugh while telling them embarrassing stories of her childhood and children and the years she spent looking after and meeting different patients.

During their lengthy chat, she had offered them late lunch, which they willingly accepted since they were famished. She spoke about how she met Evelyn while asking Helena and Sharlene other facts about herself.

In the hour they spent with Annisa, she had become a fast friend.

Now, with their stomach filled with food and laughter, they were sharing their different views of marriage, or more like Nisa and Helena were discussing the matter, while Sharlene only listened.

However, five minutes into the topic, she, who had held her pee for too long, had swiftly excused herself.

"I can call Greta to escort you."

Nisa offered, but Sharlene hurriedly denied it.

"It's alright. She could be busy. I am sure I will be able to find the washroom."

"Okay. Whatever you say, darling. It is a few spaces away from my office. Can you remember the large door we recently passed?"

Nisa asked.

"Yes."

"Great. When you pass through that door, it will be on your right."

"Okay. I'll be back soon."