Chapter Sixty

Many of her coworkers, who had seen her, raised an eyebrow at her weird action. Glancing at each other with bemused looks, they quickly shrugged and brushed it off as her being her usual self, then returned to their work.

Leaning against the door, Sharlene, who was red as a tomato, screamed into her hands.

For the first time in her life, she was thankful her room was soundproof. Lightly stumping her feet, she hopped from left to right.

"What have I done?"

She groaned while passing her hands down her face.

"I am going to be fired for sure."

Mumbling to herself, she continued to bounce around.

"I can almost see it."

Clearing her throat, she mimicked Hector's voice.

"'Miss. Cunning-ham, your attitude and lack of respect which have embarrassed me a great lot, have given me no choice but to fire you and kick you onto the streets."

Burying her head in her hands after her embarrassing soliloquy, she continued to lament.

"God. I should have gone with the original plan, but anger overtook my senses."

So lost in regret, she gasped when someone was suddenly opening the door. Jumping away as if lightning had shocked her, she rushed to the other side of the room.

Her heart was racing with nervousness, but when Madam Sinclair's pinched face came into view, she sighed a brief relief.

"Thank god it was you."

She breathlessly spoke with a hand against her chest. For a moment there, she had thought Mr. Thomas was the one entering the room.

Looking at her as if she had gone crazy, Madam Sinclair scoffed.

"I am not even going to ask."

With a thick document in hand, she sashayed into the room with her tiny killer heels echoing on the tiles.

She slammed it on Sharlene's table.

"Mr. Thomas sent this a few minutes ago."

Her tone of voice was stingy and cold, as it always was when she mentioned or spoke about Mr. Thomas.

"He did?!"

Sharlene squeaked, her nerves heightening.

'How did Mr. Thomas manage to get that done?'

Sharlene pondered, her eyes slightly widening from shock.

'How did he recover from the embarrassment?'

When Madam Sinclair sent a glare in her direction, she quickly cleared her throat and fixed her facial expression.

"Oh, I see."

"Yes. He said he wants it done before Thursday. He also wants you to deliver it to his office when finished."

Sharlene's eyes widened.

'Was this a test before the real thing came about?'

She wondered while the words 'you are fired' kept floating in her head.

"Why?!"

She cried out, but Madam Sinclair shrugged.

"Beats me, so get working before time runs out."

Frowning, Sharlene smartly replied.

"I have two days to complete this."

Rolling her eyes heavenward, Madam Sinclair berated.