Chapter Eighty-Six

Watching up and down the familiar hallway, she asked.

"Which direction did you run from?"

Angel pointed in the direction of a hallway, which she had seen while making her way to the washroom earlier.

"From there?"

Nodding her head, Angel placed her hand back into her warm and soft ones and began to guide her in that direction.

"Wait..."

She called, but her voice drowned in her throat because someone calling from behind them gained both their attention.

"Angel!"

Their steps came to a halt, and they turned to face the person who turned out to be a young girl, about the age of seventeen.

"Nana!"

Angel shouted, a wide giddy smile splitting her face, as she pulled her hand from Sharlene and rushed the rest of the way towards the young girl.

"I finally found you."

The young girl said as soon as Angel had come running into her arms. Lifting her off the ground, she peppered kisses onto her face, that Angel began to giggle.

"How many times did I tell you that when playing hide and seek, you should stay in the areas your grandma told you to."

She soon scolded, but with tenderness.

Bowing her head, Angel murmured with tears in her eyes.

"I'm sorry, Nana."

Sighing, the young girl kissed her on the forehead once more.

"Good. So do not do it again, okay?"

Nodding, Angel buried her head in the crook of her neck.

"I was going crazy looking for you. It is a good thing I had not alerted your grandma about that. She would have freaked out and had my ear."

Murmuring to herself, she finally lifted her head and sighted Sharlene.

"Oh."

She expressed.

'Is she the one who found Angel?'

She pondered as she examined the beautiful woman in front of her. Wearing a cream-colored knee-length dress, which had various black polka dots painting the front and edges of the dress paired with black heelless boots, the woman looked as if she stepped straight from a Vogue magazine. Despite her light makeup and her black hair styled in a simple bund, she had a down-to-earth vibe around her that made her curious.

She also looked British.

'Could she understand and speak German?'

She thought because she had heard her speaking it before she cited Angel.

"Are you the one who found Angel?"

She asked in English, her German accent a beautiful asset to her tone.

"Yes. I found her crying in a corner near the washroom."

"Oh no!"

Exclaiming, the young girl glanced down at Angel, who had fallen fast asleep on her shoulder.

"Did something happen to her?"

"She told me that she fell."

"She fell? Her grandma will have my head."