Chapter Twenty-Three

Bursting out laughing after she had swallowed the food in her mouth, Riana shook a finger.

"No, it is not. You could have some maid bring up your dinner for you hours ago. I only wanted to see what was wrong with you, not give you my food. Besides, you hate desserts."

Clicking his tongue, Nick tsked.

"Touche."

Sometimes he forgot Riana was a complete lover of food.

"So...what's the problem?"

Speaking as she placed more food into her mouth, Riana had an expectant look on her face.

Raising an eyebrow, Nick frowned.

"What gave you the indication something is wrong?"

"You, plus thinking, equals a problem. Everyone in the family knows that." Groaning, for he could never hide anything from his all-knowing family, Nick huffed.

"Fine."

Satisfied with his compliance, she placed another spoon full of food in her mouth.

"I am getting married."

These words caused an uproar, for she had spit in his face due to shock.

"WHAT?!"

Bellowing, she stood, which caused the forgotten plate to fall and shatter on the floor.

Disgusted by her lack of credibility, he was about to address her mess when the office doors were flown open by his mother.

"I heard a noise...oh my god, what happened here?!"

She gasped as she walked into the messy room.

"NICK'S GETTING MARRIED?!"

Riana bellowed once again, the windows almost cracking from the intensity. Most likely, everyone had heard the commotion.

"Oh my. That was supposed to be discussed over dinner...well five hours ago. Where is the tissue?"

Evelyn sheepishly muttered while inquiring of something to wipe out the food and saliva from both Nick's and Riana's faces.

"In the last drawer in the cupboard over there."

Pointing in the direction, Nick sighed.

"Everyone would come to know sooner or later."

"Is it the same girl from last time?"

Riana inquisitively asked, which gained a glare from her mother, who had returned from grabbing the tissues in the cupboard.

"No, it is not. Over my dead body, that scheming girl will marry my son."

"Then who is this lucky girl?"

She was dying with curiosity, her mind unable to wrap around the thought of her brother getting married.

"You will, as well as the audience walking into this room," Evelyn parroted, her eyes falling onto frowning Caine and Victor, who had just stepped into the room.

"Get to know everything, Riana. First, call the maids to clean this mess up, okay?"

Averting her eyes from them, Evelyn concentrated on the task of cleaning up Nick's face.

Riana nodded.

Quickly she left the room in search of the nearest maid.

"This is going to be hard to explain."