Chapter Seventy-Six

An hour later, with the help of Helena, Rita walked out of the room with the soft swishing sound of the dress dragging against the ground. Holding a large portion so that she would not trip and fall over, she looked like a princess who had descended straight from a fairytale.

Well, minus her untidy hair that was sticking whichever way on her head and her bare makeup face. On her lips was a smile that not even the news of an upcoming hurricane could alter. Her eyes filled with both excitement and joy; she looked like her wedding was about to take place in the next hour.

Sharlene's mouth hung open when she saw the sight of the dress. Her eyes, widening with both surprise and admiration as she stood up from the sofa. That was where Helena had posted her earlier since she knew nothing of fitting a dress on an individual.

The dress was sophisticated yet elegant.

With short sleeves, a short sweetheart neckline, and a corset-style bodice, the dress was beautiful. With crystal pearls adorning the bodice and skirt, the dress looked expensive and well managed.

With tiny beads that were almost not seen, if not for the light, the skirts were made of satin, while the top half of the dress was silk and lace. It fit her just right.

                                                 {This is the imagined pic of Rita's wedding dress

                                                 {This is the imagined pic of Rita's wedding dress.}

"Well? How do you I look?"

Rita asked with a big grin on her face.

Passing her hand down the bodice, then the side of the dress after letting go of the front, she was eternally jumping with joy. She loved the feel of the silk underneath her hands. She just loved the dress, and the fact that she'll be wearing it on her big day made her happy.

Helena was still fixing the back of the dress. She wanted to make sure Rita was comfortable.

Humming with a hand underneath her chin, Sharlene circled her while being mindful of not stepping on the properly placed fabric on the floor.

"You look like a princess."

"Really?"

Rita gasped, her hands stopping in her admiration of feeling the dress.

"Yes. Would I lie to you?"

Glancing down, she wanted to jump with joy, but Helena's touch on her arm and her definite denial stopped her. Instead, she could only flay her arms.

"I can't believe I am wearing this dress."

Smirking, Sharlene fixed the bundled skirts she was once holding.

"Were you secretly wishing to try it on every time you saw mom's wedding pictures in the picture frames scaling the walls of the staircase?"

Sheepishly, Rita smiled.