Chapter Sixty-Three

While he was busy loading the game, Sharlene, Rita, and Janice were busy rearranging the living room to their liking. By the time he had finished, the sofa was facing each other, the end tables parked in the corner. Placing the remote controllers on the coffee table they had left in the middle, he glanced up when Sharlene spoke.

"Your food is in the oven, J."

Nodding, he rushed towards the kitchen for his food, something he had forgotten to add to his to-do list.

"Hey! Don't take all the pillows, Shar!"

Rita cried with slight irritation while grabbing onto the two pillows in her hands. Sharlene was making her area comfortable, for she had a feeling they were going to have an entertaining game.

Willingly, Sharlene allowed her to take it.

"Sorry, not sorry."

She muttered while fixing the pillows she already had to her liken.

Huffing, Rita passed one to Jan, then placed the other on the chair.

Sinking into her seat, after grabbing one remote controller from the coffee table, Sharlene spoke as she looked at the loading game.

"Is Crash Bandicoot Racers a four-player game?"

"Yes."

Rita answered as she took the other remote controller and sank into her seat. Janice mimicked her action, leaving the last remote controller lying on the coffee table for AJ.

"Can we make teams?"

"Yes."

A smile slowly began to spread across Rita's face.

"You have no idea how Crash Bandicoot Racers plays, right, Shar?"

Rolling her shoulders, Sharlene became shy but brushed it aside with a pout.

"Isn't it just another racing game?"

Her innocent question made Rita burst into laughter.

"Just another racing game? How cute."

Folding her arms on top of her chest, Sharlene huffed.

"Just laugh until your belly gets filled."

Smiling when her laughter died down, Rita leaned forward.

"Of course I will because you are going to taste my fury."

Raising an eyebrow with a smirk, Sharlene teased while using a line from one of the scenes from her favorite animation.

"Taste your furry what?"

Janice, quickly understanding the phrase, began to laugh.

"Ha, ha, very funny."

Rita sarcastically drawled while rolling her eyes, but she was nonetheless smiling.

"We are going to split up into teams. I will be with Jan and you with AJ."

"No, I do not agree."

Sharlene said while raising her hands.

"Why not?"

With her hands still in the air, as if she was pledging, Sharlene cleared her throat before explaining.

"One, AJ is a pro gamer."

With furrowed eyebrows, Rita hummed.

"I don't see any problem in that."

"Well, there is a problem. Two AJ and I do not do teams."