Chapter Thirty-Four

Everyone was shocked as they watched the unbelievable scene unfold in front of their eyes.

"What is going on?"

Helena whispered in disbelief as she looked at the vehicles in amazement.

"Did we win the lotto or something, mom?"

AJ murmured, his eyes unable to avert from the gorgeous vehicles.

"I think we are about to find out."

Clarice murmured, for one of the vehicle doors was push opened, and as if in slow motion, someone stepped out of the vehicle.

The first thing they witnessed was the black shining shoes the individual wore. Their casual blue jeans and their white button-down blouse following soon after.

It showed off their defined muscles.

Shamelessly they looked on, and they were not the only ones.

Bending their heads to catch a clear view of the individual and squinting their eyes, since the hot sun prevented them from seeing clearer, the neighbors were outrageously staring while whispering amongst themselves.

The females, both young and old, began to fangirl with blushes on their faces, for the individual, the young man was an exceptional sight to see.

With the sunlight gleaming on his face, he looked fascinating and outwardly. They could not help but swoon with breathless sighs, though their family members were giving them the stingy eyes for such dramatic outrage.

'He is just a pretty face,' the eye-rolling men remarked in the heads. But they could not ignore the fact the pretty face man looked very rich.

At that moment, when a dark cloud had passed in the sky that brought about a temporary calming shade, Helena and Clarice caught the person's familiar face.

It was Nicholas Ross in the flesh.

They both were amazed, especially when he suddenly walked around the vehicle towards the passenger side, where his unseen guest sat.

Without dallying, he opened the door, and to all their amazement, Sharlene stepped out garbed in a beautiful dress that made Rita gasp in surprise.

Not because she was stepping out of the vehicle, but because of the chivalric way she did. That is, with her dainty hands in Nick's large one, as he gently helped her step out as if she was a princess stepping out of her carriage.

She instantly made a mental note to ask Sharlene more about the subject.

Everyone was amazed.

Watching him like a hawk, when he had opened the backseat door to retrieve a teddy bear, which he soon deposited in shyly smiling Sharlene's arms, Helena's frown broadened. She quickly folded her arms on top of her chest. Marrying her daughter off to a stranger, though that stranger was, in fact, her best friend son, still did not sit well with her.

AJ and Clarice shared a fleeting 'the what' look, and Rita was bursting with joy as well as curiosity.

Even after Sharlene and Nick had come to stand in front of them, no one spoke a single word. AJ scrutinized Nick from head-to-toe with a frown on his face, while Rita sent unspoken messages towards Sharlene with her eyes. It was an awkward moment for everyone, not with the many eyes watching in the background.

"Hello again, Mrs. Cunningham."

Nick politely spoke, he being the first to disrupt the lengthy staring contest and silence.

Helena loudly cleared her throat before answering.

"Hello, Mr. Ross."

Adding further as she looked in Sharlene's direction with raised eyebrows, Helena studied her with an unreadable expression adorning her face.