Chapter Ninety-Six

"Remind me to request a brief meeting with the manager when my schedule is free, Mr. Thomas, because she did an excellent job."

Nick said as he entered the room.

"Of course, sir."

Hector politely replied but was interrupted by Madam Sinclair, who was sitting on the sofa conversing with Ashanti and Robbin. Standing with a smile that threatened to split her face in half, she enthusiastically expressed.

"Welcome back, sir."

Ashanti and Robbin imitated her action but bowed their heads for added respect.

Wordlessly expressing his appreciation by nodding his head, he asked.

"Has everything been resolved and clarified?"

Her smile broadened, which he found looked odd on her, for she was not a smiling individual. Her admiration was daunting, but he ignored it as he did hundreds of times.

"Yes, sir."

Nodding, Nick was satisfied with her response. Meaning to ask something further, Madam Sinclair frowned when Hector rudely interrupted.

"Please have a seat, sir."

Imploring him to his seat, one of the personnel at the doors, who had followed behind them, assisted him in it. They then helped Hector into his. Madam Sinclair, Ashanti, and Robbin quickly rushed towards their seat, the patient employee aiding them in theirs.

After everyone was seated, the man placed thin menu cards in front of each person. With a friendly smile, he briefed.

"A waiter will come to assist you all in a few moments."

Everyone nodded at the man's words while scaling through the menu.

Bowing, he quickly left while closing the door behind him.

Glaring in her peripheral at Hector, Madam Sinclair was vexed but did not allow the emotion to appear on her face.

"There have been issues with the schedule we organized for the models and assistance, sir."

She spoke after regaining her bearings.

A frown graced Nick's lips, and without lifting his eyes from the menu, he asked.

"Why? Is someone dissatisfied with it?"

"Yes," Hector spoke up before Madam Sinclair, and he earned another glare from her. "Princess Presley, one of the models who signed the two-month contract with us. She is requesting that we increase her presence in the schedule and show."

'Princess Presley?'

Nick thought with raised eyebrows.

That wouldn't be her taking revenge on him for Chris' stupidity, would it?

He remembered the day he met and spoke to her father.

Chris had tailed him since he had nothing else to do that day. He wanted to make sure Nick kept his promise.

He had dressed in colorful clothes, wore tinted sunglasses to hide his eyes, and a brown hat to hide his face from the all-knowing public. In two words, he disguised himself as an ordinary citizen.

He had also gotten an empty table near them and was not making spying look natural. And to make his stay longer, he sweet-talked the kind and gullible waitress attending him.

On many occasions, he made Mr. Presley second-guess his identity and eyesight. However, the model/actor was very keen on his role as a clueless and ordinary individual.