Siren Part 2

"I can turn you into a mermaid," she says quickly, and you blink.
"You can do fucking what, now?"

"I can bite you and turn you into a mermaid," she says, and you blink.
"You can do what now?"
"I can turn you into a mermaid."
"What, are you some kind of vampire mermaid?" you ask, and she shrugs. "Fuck," you say, and she tilts her head to the side.
"So?"
"What do you mean 'so?', like, what am I supposed to say?"
"I don't know," she says, brushing her hair behind her ear. "Yes?"
"I'm not going to say yes to you turning me into a fucking mermaid. I have a life," you say before realizing that's not really true.
"What?" she asks, noticing your expression.
"I don't really have a life."
"You don't?"
"I don't have anybody really keeping me here," you admit, and she smiles slightly.
"We could be together forever," she says, reaching for your hand.
That really doesn't sound bad. She's beautiful.
"Mermaids are like French Angelfish," she says, and you blink.
"Is that supposed to mean something to me?"
"They mate for life," she explains. "I've already chosen you," she tells you.
"How can you choose me when I'm not even a mermaid?"
"I thought you were one," she admits, a sheepish expression on her face. "I wondered why you were sleeping. Then I got closer and realized you were a human. I'd already chosen you when I saw your face."
"How can it work like that?"
"Don't question the process," she groans.
"So what, if I say no, you're never going to mate?"
"No," she replies. "I'll never mate."
"Now why did you do such a foolish thing?"
"Don't question my process."
You sigh. "What if I don't choose you?"
"I see how you look at me. You've chosen me," she says smugly, and you roll your eyes. She's not wrong.
"You know what, mermaid?"
"My name is Demetria," she cuts in.
"Okay, Demetria. You can turn me into a mermaid."
You obviously haven't thought this through much, but honestly, you don't have anything keeping you here. You love the water, and ever since you were little, you've loved mermaids. And if you can spend the rest of your life with her, what's not to like?
"Come here," she says, and you move closer to her. She touches your arm. Her skin is cold.
She leans closer, and your heart rate spikes. She kisses your neck gently before biting down. You feel her teeth break skin, and you wince.
After a moment, she pulls away and looks at you.
"It's done. Come with me," she says, taking your hand. She pulls you into the water, and you're about to scream that you can't breathe.
But you can. You can breathe underwater. And you can see now. When you try to kick, you realize you can't. You look down and see your legs have transformed into a mermaid tail with deep green scales.
It's insane. She pulls you along, and you try to swim beside her. To your surprise, your tail can propel you forward at an immense speed. You scream slightly in shock when you speed past her. She laughs.
You can hear your voices clearly.
"You'll get used to it soon," she tells you, coming over to your side. Her hair fans out around her. She looks so beautiful.
"I barely know you. But I don't care," you say, touching her face.
"We've chosen each other," she replies, moving closer.
You lean in at the same moment, and you press your lips to hers.
She smiles against you. Her lips feel smooth and slightly cold. She tastes sweet. She slides her hands down your back, making you shiver. You smile. This isn't bad at all.

Twenty years later, you're even crazier about each other. Life doesn't get much better than this.

A/N
okay so, again, if anyone wants to be added to the Snap story, comment (I'm jawdroppingcody)
And I have an alternate ending for this. Next chapter.