Only Seventeen Part 6

You're going to see Demi for the first time in weeks...

The moment you spot her familiar black hair, you nearly scream. You can't hold back your emotions.
"Demi!" you say loudly, and her eyes meet yours. Her face lights up, a huge smile forming on her beautiful face. You feel your heart skip a beat as you run toward her.
You practically crash into one another. You were supposed to meet at your bench—only you found each other at the entrance of the park.
You're enveloped in her arms and her familiar scent. Tears prick your eyes; you're so emotional. You've missed her so much—the pain in your chest is lessening by the moment. She's right here. You're with her.
Nobody can stop you from being with her. You pull her even closer and breathe in deeply.
"I missed you so much," she whispers, her voice making a shiver run down your spine.
"I missed you," you respond, tears nearly falling from your eyes. You close them tightly, and you feel a lone tear streak down your cheek.
"You don't know what you do to me," she murmurs, her voice soft. You can tell that she's as emotional as you are.
You used to always think that it was impossible for someone to love you as much as you loved them.
With Demi, you know that she loves you. Everything she does and says shows it. Whether it's her little compliments to just the way she looks at you, everything reflects the love she feels for you.
She pulls away to look at your face. Her eyes flicker from your eyes to your lips to your eyes once more.
She's glowing with happiness, and you can't help but smile as you look into her brown eyes.
"I love you," she says softly, leaning in slowly. You can feel her lips brush yours, but she doesn't close the gap between the two of you quite yet.
"I love you," you murmur, and you lean in. Your lips meet, and it feels like a rush of fire courses through you.
Every bit of pain you'd felt over the time you spend apart is blown away. You're thrown into pure bliss. Her lips are warm against yours, and you can taste something sweet on her. Your hands are tangled in her soft hair, and you feel her arms around your waist. Your bodies are so close that you're practically one. It's a connection more than physical. It's like you've fallen on the same wavelength.
"I want to be with you," Demi whispers, making your heart skip a beat. "You're almost eighteen. Your parents can't stop us from being together."
"They could never really stop us," you reply, pulling away and pressing your forehead to hers. "I feel so much for you."
She laughs slightly, making your heart beat faster. You love how she laughs. It makes everything better.
She pulls away and looks into your eyes. "I want to talk with your parents again—after your birthday."
You feel a small panic set in. "But they—"
"No. I need them to be okay with us being together," she says, and you let her words sink in.
You finally nod. "Yeah. I'd like that, too."
"Only a week now, yeah?"
"Yeah."
You're the only two people in the world; you don't even notice the people around you.
"Shall we go to our bench?" she asks you softly, and you smile.
"I'd love that."
You spend the rest of the day together, drawing out every moment. You don't know when you can see her next, so you don't take any little thing for granted. You try to memorize her smile, her laugh, her voice, the feeling of her skin under your fingertips—just everything.
When you part ways, you feel sad, but you know that this will work. You're going to make it work. Being with her is worth everything.

A/N
your tired writer is alive once more!
well that's a lie
honestly I'm still tired as fuck and kinda want to die loooool
but anyway sorry for the late update!! I hope it was worth the wait ;)))
Also self promo!! Shockwave is now up as a single story. I changed it up a bit and refined it. I hope you enjoy because it's like my baby
okay I'll stop now jskadf