Arranged Part 3

You're at Demi's house...

"I think we should try to annoy our parents," Demi says, not moving from where she's sitting/lying in the pool. She has her arms on the poolside, and her head rests on a rolled up blanket. Her eyes are covered by her large sunglasses. Her swimsuit is simple with colorful stripes running down her body. She looks so beautiful.
"More than we're already doing?" you respond, looking toward her even though she isn't looking at you.
"Yeah."
"How so?"
"I don't know. Make some kind of scandal."
"Wouldn't that hurt your career?"
"Something minor, then," she replies with a laugh. She lifts her sunglasses up onto her head and sits up. Looking toward you, she grins. "Like being spotted fighting somewhere," she says.
"That's...dramatic."
"Have you even met me?" she asks, making you snort.
"Alright alright."
"Maybe we should make a point of being seen together. You know, before we do the whole fight thing," she says.
"That's true. We'd have to be seen as a couple for it to actually work."
"Only that would make our parents happy first."
"It would, but then we could crush them," you reply so casually that even you are surprised at your own brashness.
"God damn, can you be my wife for real?" she asks jokingly, and you burst into laughter.
"We're going to get married in the end," you respond, and she smiles slightly.
"I'm glad it was you, though."
"What do you mean?"
She comes closer, and you feel your heart start to beat a bit faster.
"I mean, I get along with you. Imagine if my mom decided I should marry some bitch," she says, moving until she's right beside you. She looks into your eyes, and it feels like the air around you is standing still. You can hear the soft sound of water lapping around you, and there's the distant noise of traffic, but otherwise it's quiet.
"Yeah, I guess."
"Do you not feel the same way?" she asks, and you look away. Your cheeks flush slightly. You haven't had the time to really process what's going on.
"I...yeah. I think so," you finally say, and you force yourself to look at her. She looks almost hurt. The moment is gone; the air feels cold now. You feel your heart clench slightly.
"I'm sorry. That was rude of me," she says, moving away abruptly and getting out of the pool.
"Demi, wait," you start, standing up as well. But she's gone. She pulled a towel around herself and walked inside just like that. Your head is a mess of emotions. You know you like her—I mean, what's not to like? But you don't know if it's just your mind trying to convince you that liking her is the least painful way to go about this. And now you've upset her. It's like you can't do anything right.
You're no good as a writer, you can't connect with people, and you're being forced to marry Demi because that will "help your failing career". You're sick of always doing the wrong thing. You're sick of always saying the wrong thing.
You think with your head and not with your heart. That's why nothing has worked out in the past.
You follow Demi inside, and you see a trail of water leading upstairs. You follow the trail, and you see a door left slightly open.
"Demi," you call, but there's no response. You go to the door and gently push it open. She's sitting on her bed, a white towel wrapped around her body. Her hair is slightly damp, and you walk up to her slowly. "Demi," you say again.
"Just leave me alone, please," she says, her voice quiet.
"Demi, look," you say, moving to her side. She doesn't look up at you, so you get down on your knees. Reaching forward, you touch her face, making her look to you.
She's not crying, but she looks like she's on the brink of it. You brush her hair behind her ear and look into her brown eyes.
"I just haven't had time to really think. About anything," you tell her, and she nods.
"I shouldn't have asked."
"It's not your fault," you respond quickly. You don't want her to feel bad about this. You just want you both to be happy.
"I shouldn't have asked," she repeats,  looking away from you. You let your hand drop.
You let out a breath and stand up. You turn off your mind. You let your heart speak for once.
You reach forward and grab her hand. She looks up at you, and you pull her to her feet. Her towel falls to the floor; the two of you are standing in her bedroom in your swimsuits. In any other situation, that would have been funny. But it's completely irrelevant now.
You let your heart speak. You move a hand to her face and lean in. Your lips meet. You don't think; you simply feel. Her lips are warm against yours, and they feel...right. This feels right. She moves a hand to your hip, and she pulls you closer. You wrap your arms around her neck, and she deepens the kiss.
Your heart flutters, and it feels like you can't breathe. Or you're breathing too much. You can't tell. You don't really care, either.
She's the one to pull away, and you let her.
"What was that for?" she whispers.
"I just let my heart take the lead for once in my life," you respond, and she pulls away to look at your face. She looks at you as if she's trying to see if you're lying.
She smiles slightly. "And where is it leading you?"
You don't think. "I think I know where. Let's just enjoy the journey."

A/N
alright this is getting longer than I thought it would be
I think you don't have to know someone for too long to like them
It takes time to fall in love, but falling in like can be so fast
so I think this is going at the right pace
but who am I to talk