Only Seventeen Part 5

You're at home wishing you could see Demi...

You miss her so much. The ridiculousness of all of this is that you're literally going to turn eighteen in a month anyway.
Your parents forbade you from contacting her, but you still messaged her occasionally when you could. You wanted to call her, but you could only do it when your parents were out. You weren't able to go out to see her—you were too scared of getting caught.
"I miss you," you say softly as you look at her through your phone. She looks so beautiful.
"I miss you," she replies. Half of you is terrified that she's going to get bored of waiting for you. You feel as though you're not enough for her.
"I'm sorry," you say absently, and she furrows her brow.
"Why?"
"For everything," you respond.
"You want to know something?" she asks, and you nod.
"You're worth the wait. I don't really care. You're worth it."
"Am I really?"
"You truly are. I can see a future with you. I just have this feeling about you. I know we belong together," she says, making your heart flutter.
She makes you feel so safe. You want to yell from the rooftops that you love her. You want to tell everyone on earth that she's your favorite person and your soulmate.
"I really love you. I can't believe how much I love you," you say wistfully.
"I love you so much," she replies, smiling slightly. Her hair falls onto her face and she brushes it back absently. "I would hug you right now," she says. You can imagine her arms around you. You can imagine her comforting scent. You wish it were real. She's so close yet so far away.
"I wish you could be here with me," you sigh. You really wish you weren't only seventeen. It makes everything so much more complicated. Though honestly, it's not even that complicated. Everything is just background noise. You know you love her, and that's all that matters. All else is simple noise. It's insignificant.
You can't please everyone. You're not actually doing anything wrong by loving each other.
"What are you thinking about so hard?" she asks softly, and you look away for a moment, recomposing yourself.
"I'm just thinking about how nothing really matters aside from us," you reply simply, making her smile.
"That's the truth. Nothing else really matters."
"Then why can't we be together?" you ask, and she looks at you. She remains silent for a moment.
"We can," she finally says after what feels like forever.
"Yeah," you say. "We can."
"Then why don't we?"
"Because I was too scared to leave the house," you admit, making her laugh slightly.
"What if we both leave the house and meet each other halfway?" she suggests.
You smile at the thought. "I'd like that."

A/N
I was almost unable to update because my life is a mess again ajsjdklax sorry if I can't update next time idk if I can