Metal

*trigger warning*

I started writing this a couple of days ago when I felt like shit and honestly I don't feel that bad anymore but whatever

You're at home...

Everything is shit. Including you, in your opinion. You're scared about everything in your life now. You're scared about everything in the future.
In your drawer they lie. It worked before. You'd promised yourself that you'd never do it again. You just want to feel that high one more time.
It's like nicotine. Addictive. A drug. You'd get high and come crashing down. You hated those crashes but you loved the highs more.
You open up your drawer. They're not there. You start to panic. Where are they?
You look the back, where forgotten papers and unused pens lie. You start pulling things out. Nothing else matters. You just want to feel that high again.
That's when your fingers brush it. You feel the cold metal against your skin. The slender rectangular shape. You found it.
You pull it out and look at it. The metal gleams dangerously like a panther's fangs.
You just stare at it. It's beautiful but ugly at the same time. You hate it and love it.
You just stare. It's like your thoughts are all running through your mind, but you're standing behind yourself, watching your own stream of thought from the outside. It doesn't feel real.
And you hate that.
You fucking hate it. So you drop the blade back in the drawer and close it.
Time seems to resume from its frozen state. You suck in a breath, and you feel yourself return to your body. You close your eyes for a moment, taking in the feeling. You fought your urge. You did it.
"Babe?" You hear your girlfriend's voice.
You look behind you, and your eyes meet hers. She smiles slightly, as if she knows that something's wrong.
"Hey," you say, and you go over to her. You can still feel the pressure of the blade in your fingers. It's like it's not really there, but it's not fully gone, either.
"You okay?"
You look to her wordlessly, but she knows what you want. She opens her arms, and you hug her.
Burying your face in her shoulder, you breathe in her comforting scent. She makes you feel safe.
"I want you to do something for me," you whisper, and she pulls away enough to look at your face. She keeps her arms around you.
Her face shows concern, and you feel your heart clench slightly.
"What is it?" she asks softly.
"In the drawer, there are two blades." Her face loses color. "I want you to throw them away for me." She smiles slightly, but it looks pained.
"I thought you'd already thrown them away," she says softly, and you look away.
"I didn't."
She lets out a breath, and when you lift your face, she leans in. She presses her lips to yours gently, making your heart flutter.
She pulls away before walking past you, going to the drawer. She opens it up, and you watch as she takes the two blades from the drawer. She has to look around for the second one, but she finds it. She comes back over to you, and she stops in front of you.
"You need to do this," she says softly, and you feel your face pale.
"I can't."
"You can," she responds, taking your hand. She places the two pieces of metal in your open palm. You stare at them. It's so stupid. You understand that it's stupid. But it's like smoking. You wanted to try it out and see how it was, and you got addicted. Now, you just have to get rid of that last pack.
"I don't know," you say, and she shakes her head.
"You can do it. Come on," she says, taking your other hand and pulling you out of the room. She leads you downstairs and out the door, going over to the recycling bins outside.
You can feel your heart beating rapidly in your chest. You're so nervous. It's something so simple, but it's so intense.
You stop in front of the metal recycling bin.
"Drop them in there," Demi says, and you look to her. She's all you need. You'll be okay.
You let out a breath before dropping the two blades into the bin. They make a soft clinking noise as they hit the bin. They sit dejected at the bottom, amongst other scrap metals. Trash.
"I'm proud of you," Demi says before pulling you into a hug. You smile, feeling like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders.
"Thank you," you whisper.
"I love you."
You pull away to look at her. You lean in, pressing your lips to hers.
She smiles against you as you respond, " I love you more."

A/N
Yah
Meh