Drive

You're on a drive with your girlfriend...

One of your favorite things to do is go out in your car, just forgetting every single worry and letting go. Even before you met Demi, you would always go for drives in the middle of the night, at the crack of dawn, or any other time you needed to escape. You would just drive along the mountainside, along the beach, and anywhere else you were near. Nature calmed you like nothing else. At least until you met her. Now, you drive together, the world at your disposal as you drive into the night or day. Now, she calms you like nothing else. Nature is now a close second.
You blast your favorite music while you drive along the thick woods.
"I love the smell of trees," Demi says, and you glance to her for a moment. You remember how those were her first words to you. Her eyes are closed, the window cracked open. She breathes in deeply, her chest rising as she inhales the woody scent of nature.
"Me, too," you say, smiling slightly as you breath in the smell as well. It's intoxicating and insanely calming. Being here with her, it feels like you're in your own little bubble. She's the only other person in the world, and you absolutely love that feeling.
"Turn up the music," she says, and you raise the volume. The Maine blasts through your speakers, making you nostalgic and fall more in love at the same time.
"I love you," you say over the sound of the music. You can remember the day you met.
"I love you," she replies. You remember when you first exchanged those three words. You say them everyday now, and you mean them more than the last. You never thought you could have something like that, but here you are now.
When you met, you were in the park, having driven there to cool down. She came up beside you and said: "I love the smell of trees." In that moment, you fell. It was love at first sight.
"Me, too," you replied, and she grinned. Her brown eyes were bright, and her face was glowing with happiness.
"I'm only ever really happy when I'm in nature," she said softly, looking up at the sky.
"I feel the same way."
And the rest was history.
You remember when you first told her you loved her. You were on a drive just like this one. You'd been dating for several months, and you already knew you were in love with her. Only you didn't really have the guts to go and tell her. Saying you love someone feels like a bigger deal than it is. Being in love with someone is more intense, yet somehow voicing your emotions made you feel nervous.
You were driving along the ocean, the sea breeze filling the car and making you relax.
"Demi," you said, and you could feel her look to you. "I love you."
You glanced to her for a moment, and she was grinning. You'd never seen her look so happy before.
"I love you, too."
And that was that. It felt so natural yet so groundbreaking at the same time. That's how Demi is. She makes everything seem normal yet incredible simultaneously. A kiss is relaxing and thrilling. Her touch is soft yet exhilarating. She has an effect on you that no one else has. She makes you feel calm yet makes your heart race. And you absolutely love it.
Now, you're driving down the road as the sun rises behind you. You feel like you're leading the way; it's a thrill. Nobody else is on the roads, and you feel free. Truly, you're the only two people in the world right now.
Eventually, you pull over into a clearing in the woods by the side of the road. You step out of the car to watch the sun rise.
"This is beautiful," Demi says, putting an arm around your waist as she leans into you.
"You're more beautiful," you say, and she lets out a small laugh. She looks to you, and her brown eyes meet yours.
"Yeah, that's not true."
"Beauty is subjective," you respond. "You're more beautiful than the sun." She smiles and leans in, pressing her lips to yours.
Your heart flutters as your lips meet. She tastes sweet like she always does. Her lips are so soft against yours. You want to kiss her forever if you could.
"I'll also burn you like the sun," she says, making you laugh slightly against her.
"I'd like to see you try."

A/N
This was kinda different