The One

Idea creds to LuvFriends10
Thanks xxx

You're getting ready for your scene in Simply Complicated...

"I'm nervous," you say to nobody in particular. Demi is off shooting her own scene now.
The two of you are supposed to talk about one another. You have no idea what she's saying about you. You don't even know what you're going to say about her. She's the most important thing in your life, that's for sure. But you don't really know how to put it into words. You're hoping that when you sit down in front of the camera, you can produce something comprehensible.
"The set's ready for you," the cameraman tells you, and you let out a breath.
You walk into the room and sit down on the couch. You try to make yourself comfortable, but you're really so nervous. Your heart is beating rapidly in your chest.
"So, just talk about Demi. There isn't a question or anything. Just talk about her. We'll start rolling the camera, and you can start whenever you're ready," he tells you, and you nod.
You let out another breath. You're so nervous that you feel like you're not on Earth anymore.
Finally, you look to the camera.
"I'm honestly so nervous right now. I wish Demi were here with me," you say with a laugh. And then, you realize that's how you feel all the time. "Yeah, actually, I always want to be with her. She calms me. She, like...keeps me grounded. I feel safe when I'm with her."
You look down and pause, trying to think of what you're going to say next.
"Before I met her, I was always in this state of...it was like I was lost all the time. I feel like she pulled me out of this abyss and has shown me the way forward."
You see the cameraman smile slightly.
"It's amazing. She's like an angel. A goddess. I don't know where I'd be without her."
You could go on forever about how much you love her, but you decide to tell a story instead.
"This one time, when we had just started dating, we went to this restaurant. It was actually horrible. But instead of getting mad about it, we laughed. It was actually one of the best dates I'd ever had. We left the restaurant and made some spaghetti at home. It was like, really late, but we didn't care. I'm actually glad that restaurant was horrible because we got to spend some quality time together."
You smile slightly at the memory. "And after that, we stayed awake just talking. I remember this one conversation we had—it was about this cat she'd seen a few days before. It was a meaningless conversation—at least the subject was—but that was when I knew she was the one for me. I was having the time of my life talking about cats with her."
You can't stop smiling. "I don't know. I just know that I love her, and I want to spend the rest of my life with her."
You see Demi walk up beside the cameraman, and you can't stop yourself from exclaiming, "Demi!"
She laughs and comes over to you, sitting down on the couch beside you.
"What'd you say about me?"
"Just how you enjoy burning pancakes," she replies, a grin on her face.
"That was ONE time," you groan, and she kisses your cheek. You bat her away, and she sticks out her bottom lip.
"I love you," she says, leaning in.
"You're so annoying," you groan, but you kiss her. She smiles against your lips. "But I love you, too."
"Of course you do, pancake burner."

A/N
litty