Balance

Requested by MissDemetriasss xx

This won't be word for word or anything but I just kinda incorporated the idea and built it into something that's typical of my imagines

Her heart has always been with him...

You've always understood that what Demi had and still has with Wilmer is special.
"My heart...it's with Wilmer," she says. "And it always will be. I don't think that's going to change. It's just...different. You can't spend six years with someone and come out without leaving a piece of your heart with them."
You watch her speak to the camera, and despite everything, you feel sad. You wish you could be what Wilmer is to her. She loves you dearly, but it's not the same.
You have nothing against either of them—it's clearly nobody's fault. Yet, you can't help but feel...sad. It's not really jealously. You don't really know what it is.
She now needs someone to love but not rely on. You want to be there for her, but you don't want to be her crutch.
It's not easy. You want to take care of her and help her with everything. But you both know that she has to stand on her own.
"Hey," she says, snapping you from your thoughts.
"Hey," you reply as she comes over to you. She smiles slightly, and you try to return the smile—but she can tell that something's wrong.
"I love you," she says, touching your shoulder.
"I know that."
"It's just...Wilmer is Wilmer."
"I know that, too," you reply.
"Please don't feel bad because of this," she says, looking into your eyes.
"It's not new news," you respond. "It's fine. I don't know. It's just...I want to be there for you, but at the same time, I don't want to hold you back."
"You know, I don't think I've ever told you how much I appreciate you. You're perfect. My relationship with you is different. Not in a bad way. It's just different. And I love it," she says, making your heart flutter.
"I just wonder sometimes if I'm really helping you. I don't want to be selfish and try to be with you when I'm just holding you back," you say, and she smiles slightly.
"Don't say that. It's not you. You're amazing. It's how I am. I relied too much on Wilmer, so now, we're friends. Our relationship now has a perfect balance." She brushes her hair behind her ear. "And with you, you try so hard to find that balance for me. You're there for me, but you don't let me go overboard. Our balance is perfect, too."
Somehow, her words make you feel like you're standing on the same platform as Wilmer. In her mind, that's exactly how it's been since you two got together.
"I feel like I've found something with you," Demi says. "Everything is just falling into place."
"What's falling into place?" You look toward the voice and see Wilmer.
"My life," Demi says, smiling at him.
"By the way, despite what she said just now on camera, she's all yours," Wilmer says, looking to you.
"Is she?" you respond, raising an eyebrow.
"I've seen the way she looks at you," he replies, smiling slightly.
You'd always been paying attention to how she would look at him that you didn't realize.
"You're making me sound like a lovesick idiot," Demi laughs, and he rolls his eyes.
"You've always been lovesick idiot," he retorts, and she gasps in mock-shock.
"You take that back!" she says dramatically, making you laugh.

It's strange. You don't really know where things are going. You don't know who has whose heart. But honestly, it's okay. Things are great. Things have a perfect balance. What more could you ask for?

A/N
hope you liked it!
It kinda flew off on its own, so it didn't really have as much of Wilmer as I wanted it to but bleh
that's why he made an appearance at the end lmao