Numb

Requested by dnljrdn xx

You're waking up...

Your head throbs as your eyes open. You can't remember what you did last night, but you remember going to the bar. You'd had a fight with your girlfriend. You were pissed.
You blink a few times as the room comes into focus. You see unfamiliar surroundings, and you have a sinking feeling in your stomach.
"Fuck," you breathe as you turn your head. You see her. It's not your girlfriend. "Oh fuck."
Your heart beats loudly. You can hear the blood rushing through your ears. This can't be happening.
You lurch out of bed, almost losing your footing.
"You're up?" she asks, and you can't even look at her.
"I have to go," you say, pulling on your clothes rapidly.
"What do you mean? We had fun last night."
"I can't. I'm sorry. This was a mistake," you tell her, still unable to look at her. You can hear her huff.
"That's not what you were saying last night."
"Fuck last night," you snap, grabbing your phone and wallet. You stuff them in your pockets before finally looking back to her.
She looks pissed out of her mind. "Fine!" she snaps.
She's honestly not even that attractive. You don't know why you did what you did.
"I'm sorry," you finally say before leaving. You can only think of Demi. How this will hurt her. How this will destroy things between the two of you.
You pull your jacket closer around you as you walk toward where your car is parked. The girl's apartment was near the bar.
You get in your car and start up the engine.
You're back home in less than five minutes. You carelessly park the car and burst into the house. You had to use your key because it was locked—obviously.
Demi should still be asleep. You go up to her bedroom and open the door quietly.
You can see her sleeping form on the bed. She doesn't wake up when you enter the room.
There's a pile of tissues beside her, and it looks as though she'd fallen asleep with her phone in her hand. You feel guilt stab your heart. She cried herself to sleep, waiting for your call while you...
She groans softly, and you flinch. She rolls over, and she lets out a small sound when she sees you.
"You're back!" she exclaims, her voice hoarse from crying.
She lurches out of bed, the tissues falling left and right as she comes over to you. She throws her arms around you.
"I'm so sorry," she sobs, her arms tight around your body.
You can't bear to hug her back. Knowing what you've done, you just can't.
"Hug me," she whimpers. "Please forgive me."
The events of last night come flooding back...

"I'm asking you to marry me. Why can't you just say yes?" you asked, on the verge of tears.
"I just...I don't think I'm ready."
"Don't you love me?" A tear streamed down your cheek.
"I do! Of course I do," she replies quickly. "I just don't think I'm ready for this."
You stepped away from her. You felt so many emotions.
"I need some time," you told her, and you left. You drank your feelings away. And then you fucking cheated on her.

Now, you don't know what you're going to do.

A/N
Don't shoot me
I didn't have time to write the whole thing so
Part two coming soon!