Verkwan*Seventeen*•Hello,Goodbye•

This is my first mafia AU, so please be nice!😹

"Vernon?" Vernon turned to look at the mention of his name "Seungkwan

"Vernon?"
Vernon turned to look at the mention of his name "Seungkwan. What are you doing down here?" He worried. "You should be sleeping." He added. Seungkwan itches his forehead "Jihoon called your phone. He mentioned there is strange activity down by the bakery." He answered. Vernon stands "What does strange activity mean? What exactly did he say?"
"It was the Choi's." Seungkwan answered.  "They were lingering around the building."
"Damn it." Vernon turned away from his husband, rubbing at his temples. "You told me the Choi's and your outfit were no longer enemies. Did you lie to me?" When there was no answer Seungkwan walked behind Vernon "You lied to me. Why would you lie to me? We are suppose to be honest with one another." "I did not want to tell you in worry of your pregnancy. You are already a high risk. So adding the Choi's I was worried." "I would rather have you be honest with me over you worrying over her. I married you Vernon, and with that, it includes your outfit. If you were in trouble I want you to tell me."
"You are right. I am sorry. There..I was being selfish. I know you can handle my outfit, that is why I married you. From now on, no more lies. You will be in the know of my outfit. And so will she."
"I think she has been missing you." Seungkwan confesses. "What makes you say that?" "She is kicking whenever you are talking. It has been almost a week since we slept together. Will you please come to bed with us?" He pouted. "I miss you." Vernon was about to decline, until he noticed the pleading eyes "Let's get to bed." Vernon decided.

Vernon snuggled his family from behind. His palm laid flat against Seungwan's rounded bump with his nose pressed into his back "Are you okay to sleep?" Vernon questioned. "We are. You go to sleep. Try to sleep in tomorrow morning. I know that you need sleep." "I will spend all day in bed with you. We can sleep the day away. Only to wake to talk to my little girl." "She will like that. Now let's get sleep."

Seungkwan woke to Vernon talking "I cannot just leave him. Yes, I understand. I want just one day with my daughter. I know she is still inside of his belly, but, I have missed out on so much during his pregnancy. Please let me-"
"Vernon? Who is calling you?"
Vernon snarled his nose "Yes, I understand." He ended the call, then threw his phone on the bed "It was Jihoon." He answered. "Please don't tell me you are being summoned." "I am. And I am sorry." Seungkwan scoffed "Why do I try? I will never be first in your life and neither will she."
"You also said that when we got married you understood you would not always be first."
"That was five years ago! I thought things would be different by now." "And now how are they?"
"Exactly the same. But it's not like you would know." Seungkwan spat "You never would notice."
"What am I not noticing? This lavish lifestyle we live. The belly that has been growing on you? What am I not noticing? Please enlighten me."
"Fuck you." Seungkwan replied.
Vernon scrunches his eyebrows together "You are not being yourself. I am unsure if it's because you are being an asshole, or if you will blame you being an asshole on our daughter. No, it is not her, it is only you. I am meeting Jihoon."
Vernon unplugs his phone then heads out the front door.

Seungkwan collected his phone in his hand, carrying it to the nursery with him. Sitting in the rocking chair that faces the window, he notices how bright the moon shines "And when you go down moon, a new day arises."

Unlocking his phone, he opens his Spotify, and chooses Seventeen to play on shuffle. He places his phone on top of his bump, with his hands locked together underneath his bump.

"No! Vernon, it is a trap! Do not walk in there!"

Seungkwan wakes to a kick against his palms "Well that is not nice. Oh, my phone." He checks the caller "Jihoon? Why are you calling me?"

Seungkwan entered the hospital "Seungkwan." He sees Jihoon standing there "Where is my husband?"
Jihoon rubs his eyes "Hoshi tried to warn him."
"Where is my husband? I need to see him." Seungkwan urges.
Jeonghan walks over "Finally. Someone who can tell me something that is useful. How is my husband?" The elder guided the pregnant one to a chair "No.Enough, just tell me." "Seungkwan. Vernon..he died. The Choi's boobytrapped the bakery. He died instantly." Jeonghan explained.
"What? What did you say?" Jeonghan reaches for Seungkwan "Do not touch me now." He deflected. "I..we fought before he left. He died thinking I was mad at him. He died without hearing me say I love you one last time. Oh god." Seungkwan sits in a chair "He died without knowing I loved him."
"Hey enough of that." Jihoon steps in "He knew you loved him. His last wish, as always, was to tell you that he loved you and her too. He always made us promise to tell you that if something was to go wrong." "And this time something did go wrong." Seungkwan sniffled. Jeonghan takes the younger into his arms "He also left us this message." He looked around the hospital waiting room "You are no longer safe here." Jihoon opens his coat "This is 75 thousand dollars here. You should go to America and make a new life for yourself over there." Jihoon holds an envelope "Vernons wishes."
"What about you though? You were my husbands outfit?" "We will be okay. Actually Seungkwan made a legal document that if he was to die Jihoon was to become boss." "What of his funeral?" Seungkwan wondered. "We will be having him cremated. He has also asked for you not to see him. We will send you his ashes when we believe the war has calmed down."
"So basically I am fleeing from my home?" Seungkwan whispered. "For safety. Yours and for hers." Jeonghan corrected "We will contact you in 36 hours Seungkwan. We know where you are going." "I am frightened." Seungkwan confesses. "Now is not the time to be frightened. Now, you are saving your daughter from something bad. And yourself." Jihoon clears his throat "There is a plane that will be departing in half an hour. You need to be on it. If not, we will try our best to protect you. But for now, we urge you to fly to America."
"Is my plane ticket in the envelope?"
"Yes. Hide this envelope. Try not to make yourself obvious okay? Everything will be fine."
Seungkwan hugs Jeonghan "Thank you for protecting my husband. I hope one day we will meet again." He meets with Jihoon "You have been an ally for my husband for many years. I am sorry to not know what to say to you now." He starts. "I too hope that one day we will meet again."
"You focus on taking care of that baby." Jihoon pats his bump "Give us an update on how she is doing. Okay, now go. Before you miss your flight to the States."
Jeonghan passes Seungkwan a suitcase "Take care of yourself Seungkwan. Everything you need is in there. Stay out of the public until you hear from us." "I will, I promise." Seungkwan promises.

He holds his suitcase to the airport, where he checked in and found himself safely on the plane.

"Good. You made it safely Seungkwan."
"Oh my god Hoshi." He sighs "Why are you here?" "To protect you and the baby." Hoshi answered "I will be with you until the baby is born." Hoshi added. "That is a relief." Seungkwan sighed.

Seungkwan rests his head on Hoshi's shoulder, now filling the effect of what happened.
"You Can cry Seungkwan. I won't judge you. The baby might need the feeling of emotions to be released too." Hoshi pats Seungkwans bump.
Seungkwan closes his eyes, and allows the tears to begin.

Hi!
Comment. Vote. Request.
Thank you for reading.
SheIsTheWriter🤍🤍