Chapter 36.

Louis:

"Everyone hide! He's gonna be here any second!"

I shout and turn the lights off. I really hope that Harry will like this. Everything has gone according to plan this far so hopefully Niall didn't bust us on the way over. I really want it to be a surprise. I remember Harry telling me he's never had a surprise birthday party before, so I kind of planned all of this for him. I made Niall keep Harry occupied during the day so that me and the rest of the boys could get everything ready for the party. I've thought of everything. I've gotten a cake, i've invited pretty much everyone i've ever introduced him to and i've even gotten him a brilliant birthday present.

*We're coming up the elevator. N.*

The text from Niall says. Why did they take so long to get here? I hush all the guests and hide behind the sofa. We all try our best to keep quiet but some girls are giggling and some guys are still loud as fuck. But as soon as we hear the door unlock everyone turn dead silent. I have the best view and I can literally see everything. I can see Liam hiding behind our bookshelf, and Zayn hiding behind the television along with this girl he's been dating. Harry rushes inside. He looks around confused and then turns to Niall.

"Where is he!? Did he leave!?" Harry breathes. I notice Liam bringing his phone out fo film this amazing moment.

"I don't know where he is, man. He told me he'd be here"

Niall says and eats a burger. Where the fuck did he get that? Don't tell me they stopped by Mcdonald's after all? God i'm going to punch Niall after this. Is Harry really not noticing anything different yet? Well, he will as soon as he walks into the living room.

"He has to be here somewhere. I think I heard something." Harry says and begins searching the apartment. He first examines the kitchen and the bathroom, making us all grow impatient. Niall just stands by the door eating like an idiot.

"Can you stop eating that fucking burger for like a SECOND and help me instead!?"

Harry suddenly snaps. Holy shit. I quickly cover my mouth to keep from laughing. Shit I didn't know Harry had that in him. I never hear him swear frequently like that. Niall eats the last of his burger and then follows Harry into the living room. We all then see our final opportunity to jump out of our hiding places. I make eye contact with Niall and he then turns the lights on.

"SURPRISE!"

We all shout in unison. Harry then immediately covers his face. I run up to him and give him a hug. It isn't really a personal one since everyone joins in on one huge group hug.

"HAPPY BIRHTDAY!"

"Niall scared the shit out of me, he made it sound like Louis died or something!" Harry laughs and we all join in.

"Pal, I told you to distract him, not give him a heart attack" I tease Niall and pat him on the back as we all just keep laughing about it. Liam then brings his phone and shows everyone the video. Harry then walks up to me and pulls me to the side.

"Thank you so much for this. But you really didn't have to.."

"Yes I did. You deserve it."

Harry smiles at me with his sweet dimples.

"How did you know by the way? That it was my birthday?"

"Not important. Now go open some presents" I instruct.

Harry:

When I walk over to the corner of the living room I am completely speechless. There's a big pile of presents in front of me. I have never had these many gifts before, and never have I had this many people celebrating me either. Louis really outdid himself today. I honestly don't think i've ever been more in love with a person before. This is just so overwhelming, I can't even digest it. It all just feels so surreal.

"Happy birthday sweetie"

I hear a WAY too familiar voice say behind me. I turn around to see my mother. What is she doing here!? A big smile grows on my face as I throw myself into a overwhelming hug with her. As I wrap my arms around her I see Louis standing there proudly. Winking at me. Did he invite her!? Oh my god, this is so surreal.

Moments later i'm seated on a chair in front of everyone opening all the presents, one at a time. We kind of made it into this funny game that with every present I open someone has to take a vodka shot. First one to go is of course me, the birthday boy. So when I open Liam's birthday present that is a XBOX One Louis has to take five shots since it's so expensive. Wow, an entire gaming device? Is Liam serious? Guess this is why people want rich friends so badly. The game then goes on with plenty other gifts but Liam's is still the best so far. And by the time i'm finished everyone is at least a bit intoxicated. Especially Louis.

"Time for cake!"

Louis shouts and brings the enormous cake in. How the hell did the afford all of this?! I'm guessing Liam offered some help... "Happy 21st Harry" The cake says.

After sharing several laughter's I then get to make a wish and blow out the candles. I squeeze my eyes shut and say my wish in my head. I never really make wishes usually cause they never seem to come true anyways, but it's worth a shot. "I wish for..." I whisper in my mind and then open my eyes. I scan the familiar faces and my eyes then lock with a pair of ocean blue ones. He smiles and I see him in slow motion with everything around him blurry and completely mute. "...Him." I end the sentence and blow out the candles. They all clap their hands and cheer. I then feel Louis hand on my shoulder as his lips reach my ear.

"Are you still waiting for my birthday gift?"

He whispers in my ear. His warm minty fresh breath sends chills down my body. It's crazy how a single whisper from his mouth can arouse me so badly. Just as I turn around he's gone. I scan the room and see him walking over to his bedroom. He gives me a second glance. He doesn't tell me to follow him, but his eyes is inviting enough. I'm going in.