Chapter 39.

"Would you like me to pack you a lunchbox? Considering you'll work the entire night?"

I offer Louis as the day has come to its end and we're in the bedroom getting ready. Louis is barely packing anything and that sure is odd. If I had to work an entire night I would surely pack a little. But the only one getting ready here is me. I'm putting important things and some clothes in a bag so that I'm prepared for sleeping at Liam's rich mansion.

"Nah it's okay. They have food there." He says. They do? Doesn't he work in a office counting numbers all day? Were exactly do they have food there? As usual I keep the thoughts to myself. "By the way... It feels like you don't want to go tonight... Do you not like the boys?"

I chuckle.

"No I like them a lot... I'm just a bit tired I guess." I sigh. Gosh I wish I could be honest with him and just tell him the truth. I mean, I know I can. But anytime I show any sort of sign that I don't trust him he gets SOO defensive.

"So my baby's tired?" He says and pouts. I nod, still packing. Louis walks over to me and hugs me from behind. He plants a kiss on my neck. I hold his arms and close my eyes. I have never felt this protective of anyone before. I just love him so much and my worst fear right now is to loose him. So I do everything I can to avoid fights, jealousy or anything that can end this. There's just this extreme feeling I have that he's steady as a leaf. He can so easily slip right out of my fingertips, that's why I feel the need to cherish him in the best way possible.

"I'll miss you..." I mumble. Louis turns me around and faces me. He looks at me with his comforting gorgeous innocent smile. Is it even possible not to be completely mezmerized by him? It's so hard to worry when he's there to always bring you back to earth.

"It's just one day, babe" He says with his crinkled eyes. He runs his fingers through my hair and pushes some of it away from my face. I try my best to keep eyecontact with him but I feel so unworthy. Louis leans into me and plants plenty of soft kisses all over my face. I would complain about him treating me like a child but I actually adore the fact that he can make me feel so small. "I have to go now... Come on. I'll drive you to Liam's place."

Moments later we find ourselves in the car right by Liam's driveway. Louis sits with his hands on the wheel, waiting for me to get out. But everything about this feels so suspicous. He has never had an all-nighter shift before and why did it come so sudden? There's just so many unanswered questions. But do I ask him anything out loud? Of course not. I'm so afraid of loosing this guy that I don't even dare to ask him some simple follow-up questions.

"I have to be there in ten minutes..." Louis says with his eyes locked on his phone. I sigh and grab my bag. But just as I open the car door Louis stops me. "Wait! Give me a kiss"

He says and smiles. God, I love him. I lean into him and plant a soft kiss on his lips before getting out of the car. Louis waves goodbye and drives out on the road. I take a deep breath and brace myself for spending a night alone with the boys. I turn around and take a good look at Liam's mansion. Holy crap it's big. Must have costed a fortune. I know I've been here before but it still takes me by surprise everytime.

I ring the door bell and wait patiently for someone to answer the door. I can hear voices and footsteps approaching. Before I know it Liam opens the door with a huge smile on his face. He's always so positive and friendly, I like that about him. He exclaims my name and pulls me in for a hug. He's so strong that he causes me to drop my bag on the floor. He quickly apologizes and picks it up for me. As we walk into the living room I see Niall and Zayn sitting on the couch, having a chat with drinks in their hands. Do these guys drink every single day? They both greet me with hugs.

"You seem to be feeling better" I mock Niall. Liam and Zayn immediately laugh along. I take a seat next to them and decide not to take a drink. I'm still a bit hungover from last night so I'd rather not.

We spend hours doing stuff that I ususally don't enjoy, but with their company it turned out to be a lot of fun actually. We started off with playing some videogames, then we ate some pizza and then we played some card games. Time flies and it is already midnight. Niall and Zayn have already gone to bed in each guestroom, leaving only Liam and me in the living room alone. Liam is really down to earth, and it is really easy to communicate with him. I told him about that party he had here a couple of months ago and how I was Nancy's wingman. Apparently she told him that he had to thank me for setting them up, and it seems like it has gone really good for them. They're still dating and I think that's incredible. I slowly begin to drift off as a sudden worry for Louis takes over me.

"He's not even working tonight, is he..?" I suddenly completely corner Liam by asking. He turns completely silent for a moment and then manages to stutter.

"W-who, Louis?"

"He's off doing something else tonight isn't he?" I add. I feel bad for having to ruin the mood, but I need someone to be fucking honest with me. I need to be able to trust someone, and from what I've observed during these couple of months is that Liam seems reliable.

"Harry I swear, if I could I would tell you everything but... I can't." He says and I feel a lump grow in my throat. So I was right. Louis did lie to me. Why would he fucking keep lying to me? "I can promise you this though. If he doesn't tell you anytime soon, I will. Okay?"

He says and tries to catch my gaze but I keep staring down, trying my best to keep from crying. I just nod.

"Okay..."