Chapter 24.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

Louis assures the morning after, by the breakfast table. I nod as I dig into my toast avoiding his eye contact. He is standing by the sink holding a cup of tea. Poor thing looks exhausted. I kept him up all night with me, talking about how much I miss my dear mother. He kept asking me what my dream was about and why it upsets me so much, but I refused to tell him. I don't want to tell him. I don't want anyone to ever know the truth.

"I really think that you should go visit your mother." Louis says and I feel like burning up in flames.

"No." I say. There's no way in hell I'm going to see her and that horrible man she calls Joe. He is Nomis' father which only makes me hate him more.

"Come on, Harry. You can't hide from them forever! You need to at least talk to your mom! Just make sure that she's okay."

"The answer is no."

"You told me yourself last night! You miss her! She surely misses you too, just give her a minute of your time if you just-"

"I SAID NO!"

I shout and apparently startle Louis when I throw my coffee cup on the floor, causing it to smash into pieces. Louis finally turns quiet and leaves the kitchen without another word.

Louis:

This has been a hard day for Harry. But I need to do the right thing here. So I managed to convince him to join me to the "grocery store". As we finally get rid of the traffic and into the empty road, I start thinking. A lot. Bon Jovi's music is playing on the radio and Harry is singing along. More like humming along while looking out on the road. He has a really beautiful, underrated voice. He should sing more often. A part of me wants to turn the radio off and just listen to Harry's voice alone. All acapella. I can't help but to look at him and admire him. He has such a pure soul. There aren't many like him. He's definitely one of a kind. I turn the car around and stop outside an old quiet neighbourhood. I park the car right outside the familiar building. I turn the music off and wait for a reaction from Harry. He suddenly stops singing and realizes where we are. He turns to me with wide eyes.

"Louis? What are we doing here?"

He says with a shaky sad, yet angry voice. I take my hands away from the wheel and turn to see him properly. I take a deep breath and wait for his face to soften a bit. But he's still looking at me with big frustrated eyes.

"You have to do this. It's for your own good."

"No. I'm not going in there okay? They don't want me around. They haven't even called or texted me one single time!"

He almost shouts.

"Harry, it's your mother. You have to see her!"

"No I don't!"

"You're just paying them a visit, alright? Just stay for about two hours or so"

Harry refuses to look at me now. He just sighs and crosses his arms like a child. I hope he understands how healthy this will be for him. And them. After a moment of complete silence Harry takes another look at the building. The lights on the third floor are on, so they're definitely home. He then takes a deep breath and grabs his coat and gets out of the car.

"Fine. But only for ONE hour!" He warns me with his finger in the air.

"That's more than I could ask for. Good luck. I'll pick you up in a bit"

I say. Harry tries to give me a weak smile, but his anger and nervousness is clearly showing through. He then closes the car door and walks over to the building. I stay in the car for a while, just to make sure his mother is home. He stops as he reaches the front door and turns to me. I motion for him to go inside but he shakes his head.