Chapter 95.

"He was going to propose!?" Niall exclaims in disbelief. I nod. "I can't believe it..." He breathes, utterly astounded. Sure, it's quite forward and not like Louis to take such a huge step but come on? First day we met I got to sleep in his place. Isn't that enough to know what he's about? "You have to fix this"

"How am I supposed to do that?" I question. After being completely left behind at the restaurant I asked Niall if I could stay at his place, and fortunately I could. So here we are, eating pizza in the dirty mess that he calls apartment.

"I don't know..." He says, shaking his head. "Do you want to marry him?"

"Yes. Of course I do. But he broke up with me, remember?" I feel the need to remind Niall, earning a exhausted groan from him. I dial Louis' number for the thousand time hoping for him to pick up. But no answer. I then grab Niall's phone and try calling him from his number, in case he'd pick up on one of them instead. Tone after tone goes and no answer. He's not picking up. Shit, I'm actually getting worried now. Is he okay? What if something has happened? "He's not answering. Do you think he's alright?"

Niall shrugs. Fuck. At this point anything I do is utterly pointless. I can't even get him to talk to me. How the fuck am I supposed to ask for forgiveness?

"I guess Liam spent the night with him though, right? I mean he wouldn't leave him alone after hearing what happened." I assume, constantly worried about Louis' health. Niall shrugs once more. Does this guy know ANYTHING at all!?

"I hope so."

Suddenly one of our phones vibrate drastically and I panic. My phone screen is pitch black so it's Niall receiving a call. He glances on his phone and back up at me.

"It's him." He says. I stand up and run my fingers through my hair nervously.

"Go on then! Answer!" I almost shout, eager to hear his voice. I expect Niall to put Louis on speaker so we both can hear what he has to say but out of loyalty to him he goes to his bedroom and has the conversation with him. He stays in there for what feels like ages. I try to eavesdrop and hear anything, but the conversation is very one-sided. Niall doesn't say much, he just listens to Louis going off about everything. Leaving silence to torture me.

The clock ticks and within a long period of time Niall finally walks out of the bedroom and hangs up the phone.

"He's telling me to go pick up your things from his place." Niall says and I literally feel my heart drop.

"What? I-I don't understand... Seriously?" I say, confused that Louis would go as far as kicking me out of the apartment and shutting me out completely. What brought him to this conclusion? Does it seriously have to be either engagement or breakup? Why is there never any in between with this guy?

"He doesn't want you to live there anymore... So I guess you'll have to stay here for a while..." Niall says, obviously not liking the idea so much. I don't like it either. I appreciate him offering a place to stay but... I don't want to. I want to go home to the apartment and be with the man I love. Why did I have to fuck everything up so badly?

"B-but... I have to talk to him. There has to be a way to fix this!" I'm freaking out at this point. Literally shaking. Niall just sighs as he and the boys always get put in the middle of everything.

"He made it pretty clear that he didn't want to talk to you Harry..." He admits and I suddenly feel a piece of me breaking. "I'm sorry. Will you be okay here for a few minutes? I have to go get your stuff from his apartment..."

"No." I snap. Niall looks at me tiredly. "I'll go."

"Harry don't"

"I'll call you later." I say and grab my coat. Before Niall gets the chance to stop me I'm out the door.

For the first time in ages I don't feel welcome in my own home. Or well, do I even have the right to call it that anymore? I stand outside the building looking all the way up to the rooftop where I remember myself standing for what feels like years ago. When I stood up there I was lost, insecure and completely and utterly alone. Louis appeared. He showed me that I could have a place to feel at home. And it didn't have to be a country or a building. It was where ever he was. He taught me that your biggest insecurities can be something that someone else finds completely beautiful. He taught me that the past is in the past and that that's where it belongs. His past never controlled him, and neither does mine. My mistakes do not define who I am. The kiss with Anthony does not decide weather I love Louis or not. Because I do. I do I do I do.

When the doors to the elevator opens and I find myself in our floor I step forward, stopping right in front of our door. I take a deep breath before pulling the key out of my pocket. I don't know what waits me in there. Louis can shout at me, scream until I'm out the door. But it's a risk I'm willing to take. I need to talk to him. I need to sort this out somehow. We can't be apart. We just can't. We need each other. He needs me to take care of him... Or more importantly, I need him to take care of me.

I push the key into the lock and twist it around. My heart pounds faster as I open the door. This is it.