Chapter 55.

Hurting myself is not an option. I have come so far without falling back into my old habits. I'm not going back now. All I need is a drink or two. I wish I could have gone home with Louis and discussed everything like mature people, but that's not going to happen. He's impossible to talk with, and I'm not putting up with it. Not tonight. Maybe not ever. I give up. I'm tired of getting my hopes up all the time. So instead, I'm going to spend some time in this old fashioned sports pub by myself. No regrets, right? I've never been a big fan of basic beer, but for tonight it will have to do. 

It is a pretty calm, quiet old pub with this young lightly dressed woman as a bartender. Brown shoulder length hair, gorgeous eyes and a slim tall figure. Not to mention her really attractive american accent. The gross older men are obviously making her uncomfortable disturbing her as she cleans their table. They are not discreet as they observe every inch of her skin. She has really short jeans shorts, some cowboy boots and a shirt with a really revealing clevage. She sure knows how to draw customers. Trust me, I wouldn't even be looking at her right now if it wasn't for the fact that my gut is telling me the older men are a obvious threat. Is she the only one working right now? Can't be.

"Another beer?" She suggests as soon as she returns to her side of the bar. I shake my head.

"No thanks. I'm good." I try to say as politely as possible even though I'm honestly in the worst mood right now. She gives me a small smile but she's quickly distracted by the older men once again trying to catch her attention in very disturbing ways. They whistle at her and treat her like a pet. I notice how uncomfortable she is. "Are they bothering you?" I ask, even though I obviously already know the answer.

"It's fine, really. I'm used to it." She says and looks at me. Our eyes meet and I suddenly feel really bad for her. Poor thing looks so helpless.

"You're not working alone, I hope?" She shakes her head.

"No my brother is right there"

She says and points to the other side of the bar. I turn around to see the guy standing by a table taking orders from what seems to be his friends. He actually looks really good. He has blonde soft hair and seems to be really ripped.

"Let go of me!"

I'm drawn from my thoughts and my instinct turns my head to the girl. The older men are literally dragging her by her arm. Unwanted physical contact? Hell no. I notice that her brother didn't hear so I take matters into my own hands. Without giving it a second thought I'm already on my way. Everything turns black and before I know it I've punched the perv right in his face, causing him to fall on the floor with blood running down his nose. Everything around me is mute. I can see people freaking out and I can see the girl's surprised face. Someone is holding me back, guiding me out of the bar and out to the streets.

"Thank you."

The voice is unfamiliar but very low and sincere. I rub my eyes and try to regain my vision. Everything slowly goes from blurry to visibly clear. I am seated outside of the pub with the girl and her brother.

"We had to kick you out but we're really thankful. Those guys are disgusting and it was about time someone stopped them" She says. I barely listen to what they're saying. All I'm trying to do it digest the fact that I punched a (what seemed to be) 40 year old big man just to protect a stranger.

"I have to get back inside, but thank you. A lot." She says and hugs me. I rub my temples and my best to look alive. Her brother stays outside with me. He rubs my back and smiles at me.

"I'm sorry for scaring your costumers..." I say at last. The guy chuckles and that's when I notice that he has visible cute dimples. Having him this close to me is making me notice his sweet brown eyes as well.

"You helped my sister. That's all that matters" He says and pats my back. "Anthony." He says and reaches his hand out for me.

"Harry."

"Harry" He repeats.

"HARRY!" Another very familiar voice calls. I start to wonder if I'm imagining things but that's when I see my car. Our car. Mine and Louis' car. There he is. Louis. Walking towards me with firm steps and a really angry face. "I looked all over for you!" He exclaims and hugs me. Wow. What is he even doing here? I thought he went home.

"And you are?" He hisses as he notices Anthony's presence.

"Anthony. Nice to meet you! Are you his brother?" He says and reaches his hand for Louis. Louis just looks at his hand and huffs. I can tell that Louis already hates his guts. Well of course. The guy just called us brothers for god's sake.

"No I'm-"

"He's my ex." I say before he gets the chance to say anything. Anthony looks positively surprised. I can feel Louis flow with anger and frustration and let me just say this. Karma is a bitch.

"In that case. Would you like to grab a coffee sometime?" Anthony says and I can't help but to smile. This must be driving Louis crazy. I can tell by the way he protectively has his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him by my hip.

"I'd love to!"

"Great. Here's my number. Call me" He says, winks at me and walks away from us. Louis let's go of my hip and that's when I realize what a firm grip he had. He clenches his jaw frustrated and walks over to our car.

"Get in the car."

****************************************************

What do you guys think of the new cover? I didn't like the other anymore so I decided to make a new one. Hopefully you like this one better.

Love always, S.